Lock up in Games

Alright folks, i'm not sure what the deal is here. I'm guessing it has to be either the videocard, or driver problems. It might be ram, but I've tried 3 different kits here, and the stuff i've got in now (2days old) memtests 10 passes w/o problems. Right now everything is set to stock speed/voltages.

Steam games lock up, like studdering sound (i've actually seen this same problem a lot, just can't remember where) i can alt+tab out, but the time it takes for it to "chill out" i might as well just reset. It's not just steam games, other games just lock up and i can't get out of them [reset]. I don't think it's a temperature problem I can dual prime for hours on end.

video card? ram? drivers? thanks

***Running Latest Forceware drivers on XP64

Actually have no idea what kind of a PSU it is... haha. I really wasn't having this problem... until recently. I hadn't changed anything before it started happening. When it did i went out and grabbed new drivers and such. I used to have 1gb kit of GeiL3500, that memtested baaad at stock... so I upgraded to the XMS kit here. Hoping that the problems would go away. This is a current build, the only thing that's changed since august is the ram.

try reinstalling a differnet sound driver than what came with the board kit

How about a suggestion? It's a pain in the butt looking for drivers. :P I installed the one's from NV's site a few hours ago.

make sure your ram sticks are in dual channel mode, one in each orange slot

Already done like that, thanks. :)

I'm not sure though, i mean i dont get any errors priming/memtesting for hours on end. (upto a day). It's driving me nuts.

I'm not getting Lock ups in windows. Everything just freezes, i'm still able to move the cursor, and winamp will finish playing the current song. everything else is nonresponsive. Man I'm not sure what the problem is.

Ram is at 2.9 2-3-3-6 timings (these timings are what's labeled on the sticks) I've done upto 10 passes with both sticks, single and dual channel.

Hello,

Going back to your PSU, find out what it is.

There are loads of poor quality PSUs around and if you have one it could be the problem.

Look on the power supply's sticker.

post the details +make.model.

eg

Aspire 550W

+12v = 34a

+5v = 40a

+3.3v = 32a

Also I hope you are nopt trying to fault find with an overclocked system.

+make sure all 4 power connectors are plugged into the motherboard.