Are you kidding? All that trouble...

I can't believe this! For those that missed it, my windos froze in initial build, so I hit the reset button on the LeXa case. After that, the board would no post anything and all four LEDs were lit.

Well, I decided the bets thing to do was to start all over. With just my RAM and video card, I began plugging everything in one at a time. After each peripheral plugged in, I would restart the board until the system reached the BIOS and then went on. GUESS WHAT TH CULPRIS WAS???...

It was the freakin' reset switch on the case! Apparently, when I pushed reset, the button got stuck and stayed that way. Therefore, the system could not boot itself because it was in constant reset! I can't believe that such a small, simple thing made me so frustrated and worried all night!

ON TO THE QUESTIONS: When would you use the safe boot jumper on the board near the on/off&reset buttons? What exactly does it do?

Right after the splash screen, on the post screen, it says that the board is in safe mode (jumper not set to safe, though) and that I should try resetting my CPU voltage. I haven't re-installed windows yet, but is this going to be a problem?

Did having my system in a constant state of reset damage anything?

THANK ALL OF YOU! Who could have guessed such a small and silly thing?

If you haven't damaged your board yet, I doubt you will. Just push it a couple of times before you plug it back up and see if it feels like it is popping in and out. If you can't tell, at least you know the symptoms and you can keep it unplugged or spray some WD-40 on it. (Just kidding!)

OOPS, I meant, "plug it back in." My kids always say "plug it up" when they are talking about a lamp or toy or something and I guess I caught it from them. As long as they don't "plug in" the toilet, I guess I'm OK!

Had a similar prob with and old box i had.

I went on holiday and when i got back my pc woulnd boot, my brother was acting a little scared as he had use it last. I was ready to pound him as i had a project that needed finishing for work. after much hair pulling ripping out cards powersupply it turns out it was a stuck reset switch.... of all the stupid thing...