Very high temps?

You wanted to know about graphics card temp:

53 degrees celcius

Hmm, not sure about the temperature since I don't have a 7800 card to compare it with... but from memory I think this temperature could be quite high, since the 7800 cards run at less temperatures than the 6800 ones; less power consumption, and I do have two 6800GT's.

This sounds as if the air inside the case is warm. Did you checked by opening the side door? Maybe you need more ventilation, that and recheck the cpu heatsink like Critter said... other than this it could very well be just a bug.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just don't trust the sensor...at all!

I've had to learn this the hard way.

I'm on watercooling, with a pretty mild overclock. 2.75 - 2.8. Running on 1.59v. Temps reported by ITE/MBM5 are the same, because they use the same sensor. I get 29c idle. At stock, I get 28c idle. See the difference? Hardly noticable, meaning that it's JUST NOT RIGHT!

mild overclock..... you call 2.8ghz a mild overclock? wow.. your 4400 stock speed is 2.2ghz, so 2.8 = about a 30% oc. Not too shabby imho! :)

Haha, yeah he is nuts!!!!

But he is also right, the sensor reading could be wrong... even if the sensor itself is inside the cpu and its the same as everyone else the motherboard has the last word and could be wrong; so the cpu real temp could be one thing, what you see in the monitor program could be something else.

Have you tried updating BIOS?

yes i have, just 2 days ago to latest official from dfi.. today whan i started both pwric and chipset was at 52 degrees..

and Sorrento: yes i have tried opening the chassi up, and the temp lowers just 1-2 degrees... and i have like 24 degrees in the room...

it's kinda wierd :/

• 2 weeks later...

i have the oposite condition with ManGz, here is the situation:

DFI Lanparty UltraD bios 06/23/2005

athlon 64 3500+ 270*10 Vcore 1.4v ( * 113%) with stock heatsink

ati radeon x1800xl

2@seagate baracuda ata V 80 gb

corsair 2x512mb value ram

tagan 480W U22

runing everyday and temperature at 36 C full load ( at ITE smart guardian and bios), is it a normal thing ?

i try to touch the heatsink too , and it is not hot at all which mean the software might not wrong.

DFI Lanparty UltraD bios 06/23/2005

athlon 64 3500+ 270*10 Vcore 1.4v ( * 113%) with stock heatsink

ati radeon x1800xl

2@seagate baracuda ata V 80 gb

corsair 2x512mb value ram

tagan 480W U22

First of all read the rules, you require a signature with your hardware list so it is easier to help you.

That vcore voltage is 1.4v, or 1.4v @ 113%... meaning 1.58v???

At 1.4v 36º C sound normal if you have a room temperature between 18 and 22º C at any speed. However if the voltage is 1.58v then it is quite low, depending on the heatsink you are using and/or the room temperature; I also live in a warm place, but a good A/C unit will literally freeze my room temperatures.

Good luck

I think you should look over your case ventilation, maybe your fans are pushing air in that way that they are taking eachother out? Maybe you have too small case? My initial built with this setup was with an Antec P150 and my idle temps were: cpu=32 pwmic=49 nf4 chip= 48, when i primed the temps did rise to cpu=43 pwmic=70 nf4 chip 52. Well i couldnt live with this case anymore so i swapped it to a coolermaster stacker 01 and i did see quite some good change in case ventilation, yea i have the crossflowfan running but this setup became much more silent than with the P 150 silent case. I´m now having these temps:

Ambient air temp = 23

Idle: CPU = 26, PWMIC= 36, NF4 chip= 40

Load: CPU = 38, PWMIC= 49, NF4 chip = 42

So the only thing i can say is check your case ventilation

First of all read the rules, you require a signature with your hardware list so it is easier to help you.

That vcore voltage is 1.4v, or 1.4v @ 113%... meaning 1.58v???

At 1.4v 36º C sound normal if you have a room temperature between 18 and 22º C at any speed. However if the voltage is 1.58v then it is quite low, depending on the heatsink you are using and/or the room temperature; I also live in a warm place, but a good A/C unit will literally freeze my room temperatures.

Good luck

thank you for the advise, i added my signature already

vcore is 1,4v * 113% and i'm using stock hsf and i don't use A/C in my room although i think room temperature is not hot ( around 30 C)