X-FI problem

Dear all,

I have installed X-FI extreme music (with 5.1 speakers) on my DFI system and everything is running well, but some games are not running. I mean that I am sure that there might be some conflict between this sound card and the existing I have also installed previously Karajan module with realtek driver. What shall I do ? somebody can explain me in detail what I have to do to install correctly this sound card considering I have Karajan module installed too ?.

thank you for yr help.

ciao

andrea

;)

Well if the Onboard Soundcard (Realtek something I suppose) is still activated in the Bios... of course there will be a Hardware conflict. It doesn't matter wheater you have the Karajan Module sticked on the board or not... but if you want to use your X-Fi as Audio Device (what I suggest if you already have one :nod: ) go into the bios and deactivate everything that has to do with Onboard Audio Device whatever...

Then X-Fi will be alone as Audio device and there shouldn't be any further issues.

Greez

Shadowknight

Remove the drivers then remove the add on sound card then run driver cleaner a free prog you can google for and run the realtek option that will cleanly uninstall the drivers also make sure you card is in the farthest slot from the graphix card as possible to reduce the risk of ELM Frequincy distortion