Venice 3000 voltage and OC

Grizzy78

Curious what are you guys with the Venice cores running for Voltage and Overclock speeds? I'm having a hell of a time overclocking my Venice past 2500mhz. I have feeling my CPU isn't one of the better cores

I am running at 2800 for everyday use at 1.62 volts. Max prime stable is 2920 at 1.72 volts and I can run 32M Superpi at 3.0. This is with peltiers for cooling though. My load temps are between 7 and 9 celsius. On air I got to 2690 prime stable with 1.57 volts.

Certain dividers can wreak havoc when trying to overclock a CPU, and some dividers the CPU just won't do. My 140 divider ends up 1:1 and my 180 divider has a problem running CAS 2.5 but will run my BH-5 at CAS 2 just fine. Try setting up on the 133 divider and push your CPU seperate from the memory. I haven't seen a Venice yet that wouldn't do 2.6.

An oppurtunity to brag a little on my CPU....

My AMD 3200+ is doing 2700+ at stock 1.4 volts, right now running prime but it's 32m Pi stable, BF2, and AOE III stable which I've found to be a killer of OCs for it's ram dependencies which I had problems with my old G.skill 2x1gb. Thank you NewEgg RMA policy, just got a refund and bought my OCZs in my sig.

Running 46 degrees at Blend Prime Load. Yeah I know the stock cooler and a bad mounting job is killing my temps. I have an SI-120 coming. Hoping to get 2800 with new cooling and maybe a divider on the RAM.

2.7 on stock volts is damn good. You should send that and your board to me. I don't even know what my CPU will do on stock volts.. Anyway. Glad to see you got your chance to brag.. Now take your Dual channel NF4 stuff and go away.:) I'm just kidding around.. Us 754 guys are glad to get some nice Venice cores.

Yeah once I got my OCZ I was playing around at 1.475 in the 2.7 area but temps were almost peaking at 60 so I decided to say screw it while my SI-120 makes it away across the nation. I couldn't stay away though and wanted to see how high I could get it on stock volts and I'm at 2.7 now, still stable. Will run Prime overnight. Which test do you guys recommend for ultimate stability, Blended? Large FTTs?

Certain dividers can wreak havoc when trying to overclock a CPU, and some dividers the CPU just won't do. My 140 divider ends up 1:1 and my 180 divider has a problem running CAS 2.5 but will run my BH-5 at CAS 2 just fine. Try setting up on the 133 divider and push your CPU seperate from the memory. I haven't seen a Venice yet that wouldn't do 2.6.

Priming at 2580mhz right now at around 1.56 volts. 150 divider. I failed within 2 minutes at this speed last time. I changed from CAS 2.5 to 2.0 WTF? :confused: It's a good 15 minutes into Prime now.

Ram is running at 184mhz. The 150 divider is the highest one I can go too at the moment. My pc wouldn't even post with the 166 divider. I think some DDR 500 is going to be on order very soon.