Help removing IHS

Use a blade like this...

A64x2NEKID.jpg

No cuts... easy thumb pressure... and use a picture of your naked chip blown up to cut around without damaging anything.

Takes about 10 min. if you're careful.

I had good temps before and now I'm 4C lower at idle and 10C lower at load.

Up to you... mines a month old and I can't afford to replace it but... OH WELL, no reward without risk?

these are not good blades to use

too thick

the double-edged razor blades are very thin and perfect for the job

blades robbed out of a disposable razor are ok, but they are too awkward and should not be used (since double-edged blades are easily had at any local drug store)

ok core is naked right now.. still gettin 52c load temps tho. Its really hard to mount big typhoon in this case as there's little room to tighten the bolt at the back of the case. About 1/2 a cm of my IHS on the one side never had any TIM on it maybe due to bad seating. Am gonna take typhoon off and have a look for proper seating. I put some rubber bits on the outside corners of cpu to cushion it a bit. Maybe theyre too thick. Will report back in a tick..

Angry_games. With the video you done posted in this thread. You were right about the back side of them razors bein sharp. OUCH!

EDIT: Ok guys. Removed IHS fine. Seated BT fine. At 1.5v i still seeing 56c in OCCT stability test. What the hell is this processor? Forged by the devil himself or what??

Now i kno your all gonna say sumthin is wrong, its not seated right, do this do that. Well iv done all i kno bar lap this big typhoon and duct the air into it.

Checklist of things iv done to cool down cpu:

removed IHS

Stuck 100CFM fan on typhoon

Bunged up gaps at edges of fins on typhoon

Removed excess material on base of HSF to stop contact with socket

Applied thermal grease (der)

Made sure case air flow is good

Used H plates from TT to mount typhoon

I still cant get 2.8 out this thing! not even at 1.55v

Now i kno your all gonna say sumthin is wrong, its not seated right, do this do that. Well iv done all i kno bar lap this big typhoon and duct the air into it.

Checklist of things iv done to cool down cpu:

removed IHS

Stuck 100CFM fan on typhoon

Bunged up gaps at edges of fins on typhoon

Removed excess material on base of HSF to stop contact with socket

Applied thermal grease (der)

Made sure case air flow is good

Used H plates from TT to mount typhoon

I still cant get 2.8 out this thing! not even at 1.55v

What program are you using for your temps because that doesnt make sence I was getting better temps than that with the stock cooler and those volts/speeds.

Do all your heat pipes work- no obvious damage?

It is probibily not worth the effor but if smart gardian is reporting this temp you could try to install it out side the case to see if a better mounting would get a better result.

My feeling is that the temp r4eading is secondary to the overclock and that is a great overclock if prime stable.