2x6800GS?

powsmowl

just wanted tio know if 2x eVGA 6800GS would performm better in benches and games than my x850Xt

thanks

I would assume so. Most SLI configurations are better then one card...personally, i would rather spend the money for 1 7800gtx or search around for 2 7800gts in SLI.

hope this helps.

pb,out.

if i sell my XT i would have about 380€ for new cards, not enough for a GTX but for 1 GT or 2 GS

if it were up to me, i would probably choose a 7800gt. main reason...if/when i do decide to go for SLI..it would be a more powerful card then a 6800gs...just IMO anyway..

hope this helps

pb,out.

Yeh this is why I bought 1x7800GT so that when in a years time the 7800GT isn't what it is now, I just buy another one, and shazaam, my rig is kicking, whereas it would be a real pain to buy 2x6800GS then have to sell them for peanuts in a year or so anyway to upgrade.

Sell the x850Xt? One thing you always need to consider is if you will be happy with what you are going to get or should you wait and save your mony for the next latest and greatest thing to come out like the 1900 when supply catches up with demand or the next Nvidia card.

I also have an ATI X850 XT. I'm ditching it as well for 2x e-VGA 7800 GT's. ($397 CDN, each). So for less than $800 CDN, I'm getting to run 7800's in SLI, regardless of whether or not they're GTX OC's, or whatever. Really, I don't care since I'm going to water cool them anyways and push them beyond their stock limit. If money is the main contributing factor here though, I would stick to one of the 7800's as mentioned.... just buy the best version of it that your money can buy. In a years time, add another, and boom! - You're good to go ;)