Again: system doesnt boot, no vga 4leds lit

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm

@hitandrun: and the super flower is better, and should start the pc?

@brandon: hmm i dont know where tHE "insert" key ist. i have a german keyboard.

where do i find it? ;)

ahh, i thought, when all leds are lit, this things arent detected... :rolleyes:

THX4HELP! :)

@ Brendon 34! What do you mean everything is detected when all Led's are on? This is not right! Everything is detected when only one LED is on and you are in the BIOS! One stays on until you boot into Win and they are all off once you in Win! Don't confuse people please! :cool:

@Titus

As HIT&RUN suggests, swap out your PSU

You need to do this initial build out of the case. I would suggest laying the mobo either on the table next to the case, or on the mobo box, sitting on the case. Do not hold it, do not rest it directly on the case. You need it outside the case to make sure the motherboard is not shorting out on anything

Again, please read this link: Ed Jacobson’s Build Guide and Angry Games Build Guide with Pictures

Do you know that the CPU is okay after installing the waterblock? How did you test it, as you stated before?

Here is the meaning of the LED's:

Reading Diagnostic LED’s

4 leds: cpu not detected

3 leds: cpu detected, ram not detected

2 leds: cpu detected, ram detected, vid card not detected

1 led: cpu detected, ram detected, vid card detected, booting

Post back your results

Edit: the insert key is in the group of six, above the arrow keys, with DEL(ete), Home, End, Page Up and Page Down. On a US Keyboard it is shortened to INS

im shure, that the cpu is okay, because i booted with it in another socket939 computer after i had installed it one time with the watercooling block.

when i want to run the mobo outside the case, the important thing is, that the mobo has no contact with the case. right?

so i could run it on the mobo box, which lies in the case. would that be okay?

because i cant take it fully out, because of the liquid cooling...

i have found now the insert key... ;)

@hitandrun: thx, but boatasiaus already said it.

In your particular case, the idea is to insulate the board, so if you cannot remove it, try to have it resting on the box sitting loose in the case.

Good to hear the CPU is likely ok.

Do you have access to another skt 939 CPU?

I have seen cases on this forum where an Opty won't boot, another 939 CPU is placed in temporarily, gets you in BIOS, load optimized, save and exit then replace opty and everything is ok

Edit for spelling and my fat fingers

In your particular case, the idea is to insulate the board, so if you cannot remove it, try to have it resting on the box sitting loose in the case.

Good to hear the CPU is likely ok.

Do you have access to another skt 939 CPU?

I have seen cases on this forum where an Opty won't boot, another 939 CPU is placed in temporarily, gets you in BIOS, load optimized, save and exit then replace opty and everything is ok

Edit for spelling and my fat fingers

yes i tested a AMD 64 3500+, and it came the same problems...

i will try it with the box, and then i will get all outside the case, when it doesnt run with the box in the case.

sry for my englisch ;)