Cold Cathode heat?

Guest SuppA-SnipA_merged

cathodes suck. Most lights are a waste of power which causes more heat. Then you need to turn the fans up which makes it louder.

Kind of like a riced up car. Too many bling blang lights, too loud, and a waste of natural resources. :shake:

Guest SuppA-SnipA

so do all cathodes heat up or what? do the uv ones do?

either way im thinking of getting some lazer leds

Guest Milkshake
so do all cathodes heat up or what? do the uv ones do?

either way im thinking of getting some lazer leds

Ya sure they do, get one and touch it when its on. I have 2 large cold cathodes in my case and still experience great temps with air (stock cpu cooler at 26/38), and chipset never goes above 50. In my setup it doesn't contribute that much, because I've ran it without and didn't really see a drop in temps. It depends on your setup, if you stick it right next to a component, it may make it a little bit hotter but it wont kill it. I personally think its worth it, if you have good temps everything should be fine. Plus who doesnt like a cool looking setup?

Of course there are better solutions like the lazer leds, but I wouldnt just throw away old cathodes, they arent that bad.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

well said milkshake, have a cookie ;) lol but ya im going to try lazer leds too, see whats better, i modded xbox's before, got out of it, if you want result pics of my xbox hit me a pm

;)

Guest Milkshake
well said milkshake, have a cookie ;) lol but ya im going to try lazer leds too, see whats better, i modded xbox's before, got out of it, if you want result pics of my xbox hit me a pm

;)

Really!? me too, xbox modding is so fun! lol I got pics of my painted xbox too :nod:

OK wheres that cookie?

Ya Im thinking of buying some lazers because I want that "spotlight" effect, I think that would look cool. But I'll probably leave the cold cathodes in so I can have tons of uv light :cool:

• 10 months later...

Hey hey, Have a look at what i did with a DFI machine and some spare time (and alot of UV blue paint, and plenty of neons! :tooth:

Not bad eh, side window perspex is off becuase it is blue, and blocks the light, i need to put some clear in. good fun tho.