DFI NF4 SLI-DR Expert Chipset Question?

Hi Everyone,

I have the DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert motherboard and 2 x 7800 GTX video cards. What I need to know is if I put a waterblock n the Chipset will it clear the 7800 GTX or will their be issues?

Thanks,

Greg

Hi Everyone,

I have the DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert motherboard and 2 x 7800 GTX video cards. What I need to know is if I put a waterblock n the Chipset will it clear the 7800 GTX or will their be issues?

Thanks,

Greg

depends on teh waterblock

but

let me give you some good advice

forget a waterblock on the chipset

it is so absolutely unecessary as to be almost insane that someone (and they will, trust me) will come into this thread and tell you what an idiot I am for saying you do NOT need to cool the chipset with water

all it will do is increase the complexity of the build and water loops, as well as result in higher overall temps because of an extra loop and heatsource

my suggestion to you is read the sticky about cleaning teh chipset fan, or checking out the threads about the Evercool VC-RE replacement chipset cooler and forget watercooling the chipset.

I watercool ALL of my rigs just in case you are thinking I am an anti-watercooling nutcase lol...but I do NOT watercool ANY NF3 nor NF4 chipset because it is not necessary at all (especially with an Evercool VC-RE replacement!)

depends on teh waterblock

but

let me give you some good advice

forget a waterblock on the chipset

it is so absolutely unecessary as to be almost insane that someone (and they will, trust me) will come into this thread and tell you what an idiot I am for saying you do NOT need to cool the chipset with water

all it will do is increase the complexity of the build and water loops, as well as result in higher overall temps because of an extra loop and heatsource

my suggestion to you is read the sticky about cleaning teh chipset fan, or checking out the threads about the Evercool VC-RE replacement chipset cooler and forget watercooling the chipset.

I watercool ALL of my rigs just in case you are thinking I am an anti-watercooling nutcase lol...but I do NOT watercool ANY NF3 nor NF4 chipset because it is not necessary at all (especially with an Evercool VC-RE replacement!)

I know this is a bit off topic but what would you recommend for water blocks for cpu and VGA.

Here is my Setup:

Case: Koolance PC3-724BK Professional Aluminum Water Cooling System (Black)

- MB: DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert

- CPU: AMD Opteron 175 Dual-Core Processor

- CPU COOLING: Koolance CPU-300-V10

- MEMORY: Mushkin XP4000 Redline DDR SDRAM, 2GB (2 x 1GB – PC4000)

- HD 1 & 2: Western Digital Raptor 74.8GB 10,000 RPM (RAID 0)

- HD 3: Seagate 500GB Barracuda SATA II (Storage)

- VIDEO 1 & 2 (SLI): Asus Extreme N7800 GTX 256MB (SLI)

- VIDEO COOLING 1 & 2: Koolance VID-NV2-L06 Video and Memory Liquid Cooler w/ Liquid Cooled VREG

- Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Fata1lty FPS Edition

- DVD 1: Pioneer DVD+/-RW

- DVD 2: HP DVD+/-RW w/ LightScribe

- PSU: Enermax Liberty Modular Power Supply - 620W

- MONITOR: Gateway 21" Widescreen LCD (Black)

- Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX® Certified 5.1

- Keyboard: Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard

- Mouse: Logitech G7 Laser Cordless Mouse

- WLAN: D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G 108Mbps (DWL-G520)

Yeah, totally get the evercool. It works great IMO, dropped my idle and load by a ton.

I personally get ALL of my WC supplies from Danger Den. And I use Fluid XP. The TDX block is rockin', have not yet put an extra loop in my system to do up my GPU. Although I have a stacker on its way plus an additional rad, and I just may end up doing it.

I only use DangerDen TDX blocks for my cpu, and either the Maze4 gpu blocks or the full-sized 6800 and 7800 blocks for my Nvidia cards.

I do not use any other watercooling brand because I have no need. I am sure other watercooling mfg's make great stuff, but nothing I have found is better than my DangerDen equipment and NONE of the other watercooling mfg's have anything even close to DangerDen's customer service. (this is why i use them and recommend them exclusively)