Problems installing windows/getting drives to work

5.) Made sure that each drive's jumper setting was set to "Master" - very important - check manual or manufacturer's web site if you have any doubts on how to set these up

A guy just had this issue a couple of days ago.

PLEASE make sure you are jumpered correctly on your drives. I wouldn't use cable select either. Make one the master and the other slave.

That was the issue that I was tracking also. Didn't help me. I think his issue was that he had a Western Digital hard drive that wasn't jumpered correctly. When a WD drive is alone on its own IDE connection, the default for "Master" is to remove the jumper completely. This won't help Yilider since he's not running a WD drive. However, it is still critical to check the jumpering of the IDE devices.

Hmmmm....the same problem experienced by several individuals within a short timeframe. Looks like the DFI NF4 boards might have another bug :drool:

At this point, I'm terrified to even add another device to my current set up. I still see "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" in my sleep :nod:

All jumpers are correct, i have the 80 gb hd as prim master, and the cd as secondry master, disabled sata, upon restart i get the msg Missing Operating System, reckon i need to RMA the mobo ?, are there known issues between the gfx card, hds, mobo ? really am stuck :/

Your next step is to flash the BIOS using T-Mod's method. Basically, you download files, burn it to cd (with and .iso file), insert it upon startup, and walk through the menus. It's kind of a laborious process (took about a half-hour), but you got nothing to lose and it still easier than an RMA.

Don't forget to reset the CMOS afterward for at least 20 minutes.

Guest Joalaielna

I would try clearing Your MBR useing WD Tools. I had that problem and until i cleared MBR it would keep giving me this message.

MBR= Master boot record