Expert and Memory Probs at 1:1

madian225

Hi

I have just built my Expert and have had a fun and games along the way but isn't that the point of experimenting??

Anyway to get back on topic, have got my CPU to 265 * 10 @ 1.475, P95 stable (18h) and run 3d 01, 03 and 05 without a problem.

I am using 4 sticks (G.Skill Extreme) and they have passed 20+ tests of test 5 and 8 , this was before I started to test the CPU so am guessing not a problem here or should I be looking to re-test them again?

I am now looking at tweaking my RAM and this is where I am having problems, I set my RAM to the following

200 1:1, dis (2T), 2.5, 3, 7, 3, 12, 15, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3120, ENA, Auto, 0, Auto, Auto, Auto, Fast, Auto, 256, DIS, 16, 7, Dis.

I lowered my FSB muliti down to 7, lowered my FSB to 200 and re-booted......nothing at all, just re-boots. I raise the FSB multi back to 10 keeping all the above settings and it boots into windows with no probelm.

Any idea's or suggestions as I would like to ower the Multi to 7 so I get some RAM testing done.

I used A64 Tweaker when my FSB was at 265 and Multi was at 10 and it gave me the following as a starting point;

Tcl : 2.5

Trc : 7

Trfc : 10

Trcd :3

Trrd : 2

Tras : 7

Trp : 3

Twr: 2

Twtr : 2

Trtw : 3

[email protected]

Twcl : 1 clk

R/W Bypass: 16x

Bypass Max : 7

Max Asyn : 9 ns

Read Preamble : 9.5 ns

Idle Cycle : 256

Dynamic Idle : Dis

Drive Strength : Weak

32 B, gran: Dis

I have also tried these and still no joy, will still not boot

I am thinking of just trying to get the system to boot with the CPU Multi on 7 and then working out the settings as I go.

Or should I keep the CPU multi on 10? However as I up the FSB to test the RAM I will also be upping the FSB on the CPU which kind of defeats the RAM testing bit.

Any idea's or suggestions or is it a case of having to try different settings in the dark, as it were, until I get a successful booting with a CPU multi of 7.

Any help or suggestions always welcome, thanks.

200 1:1, dis (2T), 2.5, 3, 7, 3, 12, 15, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3120, ENA, Auto, 0, Auto, Auto, Auto, Fast, Auto, 256, DIS, 16, 7, Dis.

Is the above telling me that you are running at 1T command rate if you have all four ram slots populated you need to run at 2T command rate not sure if thats it but try that.

Cheers

Hi

I am indeed running 2T with my 4 sticks.

I am still unable to boot back into windows if I lower my CPU multi down to 7. I have tried various different options including going to 2.5-4-4-8 and even trying 3-3-3-8 all with the same result.

Any idea's pleaseeeeeeee