Something I Don't Often See

ravix

Hey, I was just thinking about watercooling memory, and I realised that I had never seen a computer with water-cooled RAM. Is there a reason for this? Do manufacturers even make products for water-cooling memory?

I dont think there is such a thing mainly cause it dosn't get hot enough to hook water to it .

Could be possible tho it would need a block and attachment to hook it up to the ram strip. i would think that some machine shop guy has already did it just for the uniqueness of it :D

im sure anyone could make it, except it would be a little risky to put so much weight on the mem... im sure you just need think copper slates with a large enough gap for sufficient water flow... but usually your mem wont be able to clock any higher even with better cooling. it all depends on the timing and quality

i think

im sure anyone could make it, except it would be a little risky to put so much weight on the mem... im sure you just need think copper slates with a large enough gap for sufficient water flow... but usually your mem wont be able to clock any higher even with better cooling. it all depends on the timing and quality

i think

I agree, it is kind of pointless, unless you're doing it to be unique. However, i don't think putting weight on the memory is of concern. You don't have to have it mounted on the memory alone, you can probably have it propped in between the dimm slots and run water weaving around them, if you know what i mean. Obviously it has to be touching the ram, but it can be resting in between to ease some of the weight. It would be a pain if you want to remove or add memory though, after it's assembled.