Bought a home theatre package for my PC!

olympic

Check it out! Picked up an Athena Micra 6 speaker system and a JVC 100wX5 dolby digital amp during a boxing week sale, it sounds awesome! Cost was a little more than a z5500 but I never like to do things the easy way...lol! I'm just waiting for my Turtle Beach Montego sound card to arrive so I can experience true surround sound in games. I've already played a little Far Cry and Doom 3 and the difference is amazing, a totally different experience from a pair of crappy stereo speakers. On to the pics:

My messy desk. The satelite speakers have a nifty bracket so you can wall mount them. Definitely frees up some desk space. The center channel sits on an old bookshelf speaker above/behind the monitor. It's too big to sit infront.

ht1.jpg

8" sub. This thing is impressive! It's as loud as the 10" Yamaha sub in my living room.

ht2.jpg

Rear satelites. Mounting them was a little tricky since I have a corner desk. After measuring the sound paths, I mounted the left-rear under a shelf and the rear-right on it's own stand.

ht3.jpg

My w/c'd rig under my desk.

ht4.jpg

Not bad. Athena makes some of the HTIB stuff that doesn't suck as far as circuit city and best buy goes, which is a rarity.

The sound system I use with my comp is listed in sig. For many, it's a tad overkill. Until they hear it. :D

what is your wavemaster sitting on top of? is that a watercooling unit?

nice looking setup...."pump up the volume" :nod:

Yep, I mounted the rad, pump and resevoir in the trolly to reduce clutter in the case(Tsunami Dream actually. I know, my cam is crap). I have a bunch of pics of the build uploaded here. I don't go to lanparties and such so it works good for me.

I picked up the amp and Athena HTIB at futureshop.ca for 60% off plus free shipping, couldn't pass up that deal. I checked out the online reviews beforehand and they were all good. I'm very happy with the system for what I paid although at full retail price the story would be different.