Bios Setting

where can i set the bios so that it boots on CD? i need to reinstall windows and want to do it direct from the CD cause i dont have a floppy, lol, and i got confused(as usual) in the bios :P, so could someone tell me where i can set this?

I am having similar issues as you powsmowl. But I managed to get the bios to boot from cd but when it asks to press any key to boot from cd it wont do anyhting. It goes to the screen where it would ask me if I want to start windows normally or safe mode....this happened because i had blue screen while I was clocking and I kept getting blue screen and now i can't boot into windows. It doesnt allow me to even go into safe mode either.

I cleared cmos too but same thing. What else can I do to make it work properly again. I dont want to lose stuff on my harddrive as I only wanted to repair xp and not do a fresh install.

To help you out pow, this is how i got the bios to boot from cd:

Go into the bios advanced options and press enter where it says first boot priority and click on cd rom. Thats the way i did it and it did ask me to press any key but for some reason when I press keys it doesn't work and its like my keyboard is frozen and I have to wait for 30 seconds for windows to load to only get the blue screen.

Can someone help me out PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Throw some ideas and suggestions for both powsmowl and myself

Many thanks

If you are using a USB keyboard you will need to have "USB Keyboard" enabled in the bios before it will work properly while booting up.

Try using a PS2 keyboard to boot into your bios and make the necessary changes.