game stutters, please help.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that TWINX1024-3200xl? That memory didn't work well for me at 2,2,2,5 DDR400+ and I don't think works well with the board. I would BSOD after installing a couple updates and timings would pass memtest. Try timings 2.5,3,3,8, I could do past 230 without issues.

i've had no bsods yet, and i've only crashed out of hl2 a couple times. i'm going to try throwing in another set of ram tomorrow, and we'll see how that works. if it is the ram, what should i do? if i rma it, they'll only send me the same stuff back right?

If you can't return them, you’re stuck with Corsair. They could send you some different memory. That's an expensive kit, I'd raise the roof and shoot for a 2GB set. Corsair sucks. RMA process took over a month to Toronto. RMA'd Corsair BH-5 that could have worked great in a DFI and they sent back incompatible memory. Make sure you tell them you purchased them for your DFI and not a compatible board. :). OCZ RMA took 5 business days...

i have a friend on his way over. we're going to try and install a different set of ram, and perhaps a 3500+venice (if it comes to that). i'll keep y'all posted. thanks for the help so far.

I have the same problem as you, where in Counter-strike Source and I believe some other games aswell, about every second the game will have a VERY slight studder. Just enough to annoy the crap out of me.

It runs fast and such but every second on the second it seems to skip some frames. I'm going to try this triple buffer + vsync thing i saw linked.

it doesn't seem to be every second for me, more like every couple of seconds... it also doesn't seem consistant. it appears to happen before an event. with bf2 and fear however it seemed more random.

I'm not sure it even happens to me in BF2 or fear. I know those ones do it with textures on high, because it's gotta load textures to the ram and this causes a studder. I can put nearly ever FEAR setting up and leave texture to medium and it runs pretty nicely without studder (well, still the odd one). WIth texture at high, happens ALL the time.

i wish i knew man, this has honestly driven me nuts. i'm ready to drop this thing off the balcony of a highrise. all i want is for it to work properly. perhaps one of the moderators has an idea?

thanks thespin, but neither worked for me. write combining didn't change a thing. like i've said, i've tweaked bios settings and even gone as far as to switch them with different ram; and neither of those helped.