Problem on shut down and power-on

Guest Ryn_merged

Guest burningrave101

I experience the cold boot issue whenever i manually shut the PC off by holding down the power button. Sometimes i have to do that if it locks up from overclocking. When i do i have to flip the off switch on the PSU for a few seconds and then flip it back on and i can hit the power button and it boots just fine as normal. Its not a huge problem but its sort of annoying at times.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I experience the cold boot issue whenever i manually shut the PC off by holding down the power button. Sometimes i have to do that if it locks up from overclocking. When i do i have to flip the off switch on the PSU for a few seconds and then flip it back on and i can hit the power button and it boots just fine as normal. Its not a huge problem but its sort of annoying at times.

I have that too but I think it is a slightly different issue. I haven't tested it out in awhile but if I force the machine to shut off by holding the power button, then I can't boot without cycling the power supply. But, in this case, the power on button is completely unresponsive. It doesn't start booting for 2-3 seconds and then suddenly power off again (which seems to be the typical expert cold boot behavior). They could be related but they seem like different issues to me.