Problem on shut down and power-on

Guest Ryn_merged

Me too. I need to wait about 5 seconds with the psu off. The turn the rocker on and then boot with the power button. Really annoying. My computer is not overclocked right now and the memory is stable. Hope a future bios update will fix it but I doubt it. Also I have the OCZ powerstream 600 watt. Used my friends 500 watt OCZ powerstream same thing. Used a friends infinity psu same thing. So it is the board.

Were all those PSU's 24 pin EPS 8 pin PSUs?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason why I asked, is because with my NEW 600w PS, while leak testing the WC kit OUTSIDE OF THE CASE, the PSU had cold boot issues, I chaulked it up to the fact that this device has high quality caps on it, and needed to be "broke in" a little. Same with my board. To me high quality caps need to be rocked a little bit before they displace and hold their charge right, just like with any other piece of high end equipment. The first day I had cold boot issues, but, after streasin the board out a bit, its GOLDEN AND ROCK SOLID. Been runnin prime now since last night at midnight! My buddy has an Asus board with the same sorta caps on it, and had the same issue the first day, but, after warmin' the board up the problems went away.

So, new board with new psu, I would EXPECT to get some cold boots, just is the nature of the beast IMO.

Yes I think. Only PSU's I chould borrow to try out.

NightMare how do you like the new bios should I flash what features does it have?

I do not notice any new features,but, I have barely had this thing up and running for 5 days now. There were some quirks with my memory not setting the correct SPD and this was not fixed with the BIOS. Other that that give me some time to poke around in it, I only had the shipping BIOS on it for about 3 hours. :tooth:

They are all on the approved gpu list. I was just checking to see it the new bios fixes any problems. PM me if you find something fishy with it.

Oh of course.

Were they on the "expert" approved list?

Like I said, if you get instabilities in yer memory, check what the board is settin' yer spd to, it may be the culprit! As well as voltage.

Nitemare, do you mean that I have to stress the PSU as well like burn-in? How long does it take?

Also, when I ran Sandra and clicked on the Mainboard, I get BSOD which is quite odd coz' Everest is running fine. Hope there is still a fix for this or I might RMA the board after new year.

No the system is not stable with the auto settings for memory I had to tweak them. Started with a generic timeings for tccd and went from thier. Still and will never know if the memory timings are the best they can be stable. I am torn on all my voltages as the bios my mutimeter and smart guardian all tell me diff voltages. I set up the rails to the multimeter. The Leds are all green on my psu so I will stick to what I set them too for now.

Nitemare, do you mean that I have to stress the PSU as well like burn-in? How long does it take?

Also, when I ran Sandra and clicked on the Mainboard, I get BSOD which is quite odd coz' Everest is running fine. Hope there is still a fix for this or I might RMA the board after new year.

Well, thats just my personal experience with em. I could be super proven wrong at any moment by someon with some years on me.

I would go through and check your memory timings, I stressed for 3 days about mine, and the board was setting my memory too high of CAS timings. See what it says on BOOT on the post screen, as well as what memtest tells you. Does it fully pass memtest?

No the system is not stable with the auto settings for memory I had to tweak them. Started with a generic timeings for tccd and went from thier. Still and will never know if the memory timings are the best they can be stable. I am torn on all my voltages as the bios my mutimeter and smart guardian all tell me diff voltages. I set up the rails to the multimeter. The Leds are all green on my psu so I will stick to what I set them too for now.

Voltages are a funny thing, you really are never sure without a multimeter.

As far as your stable OC, maybe you have just reached your limit there man, 2.6 ghz IMO is fantastic!

Well, thats just my personal experience with em. I could be super proven wrong at any moment by someon with some years on me.

I would go through and check your memory timings, I stressed for 3 days about mine, and the board was setting my memory too high of CAS timings. See what it says on BOOT on the post screen, as well as what memtest tells you. Does it fully pass memtest?

My timings are set to 2-2-2-5 and is memtest stable.