Bad Harddrive?

I've been having trouble playing games on this new rig of mine, it lockups alot and gives me some graphic artifacting. I read somewhere that the lockups could be because of a bad harddrive and I wanted to know if there is a way to test it, its probably not bad because I can do most everything except game on it but I would like to give it a shot anyway. So if you know how i'd like to know thx!

does it freeze liek more often joining servers and loading new maps or mainly in action because your harddrive is barely used in game ....i seriouslky doubt its your hard drive if your hard drive was bad windows would not work and stuff would take forever to load

anyways check into your stability how many test have you ran ..tried different drivers ?

i think its your ram or cpu or video card or your computere is not getting enough power which would be causing the prob .. change drivers then run p95 and other tests to see if its stable and redo overclocks on the vid card if you have done so my games would lock up because my video card was too overclocked

does it freeze liek more often joining servers and loading new maps or mainly in action because your harddrive is barely used in game ....i seriouslky doubt its your hard drive if your hard drive was bad windows would not work and stuff would take forever to load

anyways check into your stability how many test have you ran ..tried different drivers ?

i think its your ram or cpu or video card or your computere is not getting enough power which would be causing the prob .. change drivers then run p95 and other tests to see if its stable and redo overclocks on the vid card if you have done so my games would lock up because my video card was too overclocked

Well i've only tested 3 games on this comp so far, HL2, COD2, FEAR

it lockups constantly on hl2, lockups rarely in fear, and never in COD2 but artifacts in all 3 games, i've already RMA"d the video card and am waiting for a replacement to come back soon so cant do anything until then.

I was thinking the PSU might be contributing to the problem because when im in my BIOS menu the volts kinda jump around a few .1 - .01 I dont know if the volts should be jumping around at all but when I spoke to a tech guy he said it sounded ok because the volts were very close to the requirement. and I did a memtest on my ram for 5 or 6 hours and no errors so I dont think its the ram either.