DFI Expert Not so Great

marcin12

No, AG told us to figuer it out by our selves.

He had help from the devs.

It was the drive str's....

Read it closely, also a drive str of 1, no go lol.

Try at lower speeds with tighter timings to figuer it out, then lossen the timings and go up with the fsb.

Use a tighter timing setup for this, for instance, all 3's, maybe some 2's, and cas2.5 or cmd 1, you get the idea.

Or better.

Anyways find the max fsb for this sort of stuff in memtest, then go one mhz higher and try to fix it with the odd timings(like drive str).

I tried data strenth 3 and 4, I thought it would work then after 20min massive error sleep.

Finally another reason: The board exhibits the same problem as ultra. Running overclocked X2 the pwmic temps go high and board starts to make low to high pitch sound. While ultra is fairly easy to cool with one fan, expert in other hand needs two or three fans in different places.

Ive had this board Memtest stable with 2.5-3-3-6 T1 for well over 4hrs with 0 errors. However the second i boot into windows it will crash.

Its the ram as it does it on my other board if i go over 260mhz with loose timmings.

I used these settings.

http://4qman.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4

I take it my ram must be faulty however how the hell can it pass memtest for so long but then crash in windows.

Well, my deduction goed like this:

There are 3 fan speeds being monitored, CPU, Chipset and this powerthingy.

There are 3 fan headers with a rotation signal, CPU (obviously labeled 'CPU'), Chipset (near... the chipset) and another one... which should be for that powerthingy and sits right next to the CPU... meaning it MUST be in that vicinity...

Having a 92mm fan on my Ram does indeed drop the powerthingy's temps... but still doesn't tel me what chip it excatly is.

PWM IC's are the aluminum heatsinks near the main power input. I have a pair of 80mm fans blowing outside air directly on them and they pretty much stay constant at 26C in my chilly room. Just rig up any one fan to get some air moving across them and they'll cool down quite a bit.

4Qman, which memtest did you use? Normally #5 will notice any problems I have. Also are you absolutely sure its the RAM and not your CPU?