Radiator Install Location

I searched this forum and a couple of others, but, could not find any real discussion about WHERE to mount the radiator in a wc system. Inside? Outside? Front? Back?

Where do you mount YOUR rad, and why?

All and any input is appreciated, and if there was a thread about this already, LINK ME! Cause I could not find it.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the situation as to where you mount the radiator. Most common is at the front of the case with the fan pulling fresh air in. If you have a small radiator and a high CFM fan you would be best to mount it with the flow out of the case. I am moving my Peltier system to the rig in my sig and I will be running two radiators both blowing out of the case due to the extra heat of the pelt, but I have an exceptionally large tower. It's taller and longer than a stacker. Basically if you have a Low heat system it is OK to draw air in. If it is a high heat system blow it out.

I am looking for max cooling of course. I have a standard heater core from Danger Den with the TDX :) Just got them yesterday and am waiting on more parts the end of this week.

I got the fan shroud so mounting it outside should be a breeze right?

I just have issues now with deciding on how to route the tubes outside. *scratches head*