6600gt question

I know I need a new power supply only 17a on the 12v. But I am up and running for now. I have a prob. running on the x16 in slot one can watch and hear system boot all the way to windows but no screen. I switched to slot 4 and got vidio. Then i swiched jumperes to make board sli and can now run the card in either slot. changed the jummpers back to see if card would run x16- NO GO. Does anybody have any ideas why other than power?

Well, I was wondering because i have looked at other power supplies that are recomended and they have similar stats. what do I need to look for in the powersupplys stats to know if it is minimal I see on mine high amps on the other stats (45A on +5v) ect. any way I will look into other power. the main Question is why does the vid card run great in both pci express slots when in sli mode, and not at all in x16? Fan runs full blast and system boots altheway to windows, red leds go from 4 all the way to none? But no vidio when jumpers are set to single card running x16

minimum is 26A on 12V, more is better. Sometimes it is a proccess of elimination and you know the psu is a problem.PSUs can cause all sorts of problems so until that is corrected there no way to know. All the recommened psu's are 26A or above on the 12v rails.