PWMIC probe

Does anyone know the location of the PWM temperature probe? I've tried moving a fan around inside the case but nothing seems to lower the temp. It's at 63C now under BOINC load & I'm watercooling.

I can't feel any component that is too hot to touch.

Thanks

He's asking about the sensor/probe. The black IC is NOT the probe...

Right where the 3 big heatsinks are to the right of the cpu socket, there is a small yellow sensor. It's right above a square chip. That's where any fans should be pointed in order to cool adequately.

Reinvented, thanks for the location.

I figured that was where it would have to be but darned if any of those chips are anywhere 150F. I can lay the tip of my finger on any of them and they're really warm but not that warm.

I've got an 80mm fan resting on the tubes running into/out of the waterblock & 1/2 of it hangs over those heatsinks.

Not sure how to remove the sinks without damaging the chip below but I'd like to put some of those copper heatsinks for ram chips on them. Can't use AS5 as they'd fall off. but it would be nice to have something more efficient than aluminumum.

I do silversmithing as a hobby & with silver like $8/Oz, I could make a silver set of heatsinks for those chips that would be cheaper than the copper ones but the problem still remains how to attach them with an excellent conductive surface.

Maybe I need a smaller fan blowing only on those chips.

Thanks again

Those heatsinks are perfectly fine. Usually for mounting a fan on there, I'd hang it off the screws from the waterblock if your waterblock permits that. I have a Storm G4, and G5, and both allow for me to place the fan on the screws and hang it over which is awesome. That way, it doesn't have to dangle on something else.

More than nice!

I have a G4 on this mobo & a Cascade on a different computer.

What fan are you using? this one is an 80mm SilenX.

Cathar did some nice design work, eh? I bought the Cascade from him just before he got too busy at home to make any more of them.

Do you know which size fan it was? I'm not sure the 80mm has room to attach to the screw on the G4, It's only got the two screws with the AMD 64 processors. Surely one of the smaller chipset fans would be easier to attach.