Modded Bios For DFI NF4X-Infinity

Nor behind 2.5 month isn't new bios ? I am very disappointed from that what do in dfi. I'm sorry as though am sometimes buy dfi. These problems with temperatures, divider and regulation chipset. Largely problem with temperatures. Have already you found somebody mod bios ? Thx

Edit: I haven`t seen new bios :(

I hate DFI for this MOBO and i dont believe that DFI still sell this mobo for customers when know what have problem whit DFI nf4x Infinity.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Half the issue is probably due to overclocking, you have to remember some boards are purely built for overclocking and some are not, the ones that are not usually have some tweaks to get you somewhere close but you will always have compromises.

acccording to my opinion....all the DFI boards are built for overclock...especially for the infinity and lanparty series......

an then same as Lopio, i still don't believe thet dfi still sell this board.....and unfortunately in Indonesia this board is always sold out over the other board...for nf4x of course, but now i'm sure that it will be change after a friend that trying the albatron nf4x could reach FSB 390 and abit nv8 that could reach 407 (it mean more than 100% overclocked using sempron64 2500+ palermo)....i've planning to sell dfi nf4x infinity and buy abit or alby....poor dfi

bah i gave up on the temp problem.... ive sent a couple of emails to DFI to fix just the problem and nobody ever replid. pejantan, ur more lucky that they even send u a beta smartguardian to try....i'll definitely try that when i get home. but doubt it'll fix the temp problem. we SLI INF owners are at an even worse fluctuations, from 10-87deg. celcius.

strange thing is, in BIOS, the temp seems to be normal.... 26ish in idle, and if i bench then reboot (heat leftover), it bump to 32ish... and never fluctuate even once! yes it is a bios problem, as mbm and SG and other program still read fluctuate readings tho'.

my solution? http://www.adpmods.com/case-modding/LCD-Di...ght-p-1525.html

ps: klo ga bisa beli online jauh2, cari aja di glodok, temen gw di jakarta, dfi owner, ada tu yg pake thermo-probe beginian, anak teknik dari binus, tau blanja yg aneh2 hahaha

Half the issue is probably due to overclocking, you have to remember some boards are purely built for overclocking and some are not, the ones that are not usually have some tweaks to get you somewhere close but you will always have compromises.

In non overclocked system is still problem with temprature :(

are u sure???? that was impossible.....as far as i know all dfi nf4x infinity user have had this problem....

i'm using the smartguardian come with the motherboard...didn't see it was flunctuate.

bout the missing htt, yes...my mobo also facing missing htt..:(

well, the fact it didnt fluctuate, doesnt mean its reporting the correct temp ;) just be careful....

try to use Ntune 2.05.09 o 2.05.15. its the only program taht "kinda" reports normal temp on the SLI INF.

and yes, Wolf, ALL infinity series board has fluctuating temp if read straight from BIOS.....

I have the same problem with this board as LoPio + some new problems :eek:

1. the temperature on CPU and on chipset is not real - I think this values called temperatures are random generated and you can't truste them - e.g. I start prime 95 in place large fft's test, it runs 1 hour, the speed fan graph shows the cpu temperature 46 or 47 degrees (I think the CPU temperature for this MB is in speedfan called REMOTE - Am I right ?) and when I stop the prime95 in the same second the temperature falls on 32 degrees what is impossible ...

2. when I have two memory sticks in dimms (I tried 2x Apacer, 2x A-Data, 2x Kingston Hyper X) - It is Impossible to turn on the divider 2:1 - when I make so, the computer is not posting and I have to reset the CMOS or start the PC with holding Insert, what is the same as reset CMOS - I don't understand it - I know some people with the same board rev A as I have and with sempron 2800+/3100+ and two memory sticks and these people are running with 2:1 without any problem but I can't start the computer :sad: - i tried all BIOSes which I found, I tried to increase all voltages in BIOS but unnafecteed - when i unplugg one memory stick it's running with the 2:1 divider without problems

3. when I have two memory sticks in dimms (I tried 2x Apacer, 2x A-Data, 2x Kingston Hyper X - always the same sticks with identical chips - dual channel kit) - It is imposible tu run over 306Mhz HTT (2450Mhz) with the divider 3:2 (mem freq 204Mhz) - when I have the HTT on 306Mhz (mem 204Mhz) I can have memory timings on 5-2-3-2 and the memtest runs OK without errors - but when I increase the HTT on 307Mhz there are thousand of errors and I can change the timings to 11-4-4-3 it is unnafected (i tried many dual channel kits it's always the same - kingston too) so I don't understand it - I tried to decrease the HTT divider, increase all voltages but nothing - always the same - errors in memtest over 306Mhz HTT

these problems I have with this mainboard ... :confused:

i didn't found any problem with the temp...but there is problem with my bh5 and the motherboard.

agree with redbeaver, in smarguardian it doesn't reporting the correct temp...... i know cos i'm using thermodig right now

agree with redbeaver, in smarguardian it doesn't reporting the correct temp...... i know cos i'm using thermodig right now

oh...then this is my fault. sorry....

since this board contain lots of bug...is BIOS can fix it? or this is something that related to the board design which can't be fix?