Modded Bios For DFI NF4X-Infinity

sorry Hyde, i cant help with the divider, memory problems. its specifc to the nf4x infinity. the board has problems with too low dividers. so maybe u should try cranking up the fsb for the RAM. and voltage too of course. see if that helps.

as for temperature, pejantan and hungry wolf too, i did found a solution couple days ago and i posted in the nforce4 forum, its by using ntune 2.05.09 or 2.05.15. Theyre both available in nvidia.com and guru3d.com.

DFI tech send another email that day that the board is tested only ntune for temperature readings and smartguardian for voltage readings. nothing else. they are aware for awhile that with mbm and other software temp readings fluctuates like crazy (10C to 87C for me lol), and working on it. its the BIOS. we just gotta wait i guess..

the fastest solution would be by getting a hardware temp probe and stick it in there. a probe only costs around $15, and its alot better than using software readings.

edit: i notice hungrywolf is from malaysia. im startin to think of a conclusion that nf4x is extremely popular on south east asia??? some users posts on this board are comin from philipines. i think its just more widely available? i kno lanparty boards can cost a fortune back home lol (im originally from indonesia), but Infinity Ultra or Infinity SLI i think are still a better option than NF4X....... they clock very high for my case....

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup.....in Indonesia DFI NF4x Infinity is the best seller for NF4x mobo, but with a lot of bug.....my friend in Jogjakarta suggest me to use albatron or NV8 from abit...

@redbeaver: is it correct that they have been working to build a bios to fix the bug?? please post the email from DFT TS so that we know that they pay attention for our problem

i deleted the email :P my bad. i cleaned my inbox the other day and i thought it was junk coz the header is from somebody's name. didnt said DFI support. sorry.

but in summary they are workin on it. that alone is enough for me.

Abit are nice, i used to hav Abits among a few others, and the OTES series really perform under preassure. but DFI still perform better... regardless the bits and bugs... :P

Albatron are just a piece of poo-poo...... their quality is ok, but once u crank 1 Mhz out of it, BOOM. crap. nothin more.

Aopen is even better. not the strongest oc'r out there, but very very stable. Asus too.....

yes i know DFI is ridicolously expensive back home lol, but its all worth the money IF that is ur intention.... if ur not willing to oc'd the damn thing, why spend the money. Do they have other INFINITY boards avaiable back there??

:tooth:

still waiting for bios update !!!!!!!!

keep waiting... im happy with my Compunurse :P

i dont like software readers anyway, except for mbm coz they have a trayicon/dsahboard thingie that i can just glance. but still, software wil freeze when the computer freeze incase ur overclockin. not like compunurse :tooth:

i believe i've been quite patient as i've been waiting for DFI to fix the bugs since October of last year. i'll check the site every now and then to see if anything has been put up for an update but nothing that would help me out. i'm still happy with my 250gb and will be using that for the wife's comp but i am thoroughly disappointed in this mobo in the aspect of the bugs.

btw any one know where to find Tmod's 6-23 bios for the 250gb? still doing the search button thing with no download link.

guys.....lot of question bout this board, but why the DFI engineer never give a response in here? is it possible that they don't know dfistreet.com????

FYI....In Indonesia, A**t's main dealer have someone to watch the OC'er community site, so if the a**t user have a problem they can ask him and give us the troubleshoot quickly

• 2 weeks later...
guys.....lot of question bout this board, but why the DFI engineer never give a response in here? is it possible that they don't know dfistreet.com????

FYI....In Indonesia, A**t's main dealer have someone to watch the OC'er community site, so if the a**t user have a problem they can ask him and give us the troubleshoot quickly

Rgone and Angry-Games are DFI engineers and are payed by DFI

• 1 month later...
Guest alwjx

I agree Modded Bios For DFI NF4X-Infinity .I come frome china ,so my english isn't good,but i suggest add 183 to the mem,and i want to say the nv8's BIOS isn't good combine to DFI NF4X.