Incrase LDT Voltage gives me Stability, Enter here!

raphaelcvaz

With 1.54 V. I obtained 2,5 ghz with the venice of my signature, increasing the V. Ltd in +0.1, obtained 2.6ghz rock solid. Somebody knows if has some problem in increasing the voltage of the LDT? This + 0.1 is add to the core of processor?

Maybe you can get more performance...

SO , INCREASE V. LTD IS GOOD OR BAD?

( I'm getting 34 Full Loaded, and Chip set is < 50 )

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh balls. Sorry I thought you were talking about Chipset voltage. :O

My CPU is at 1.6v, and will be taken up to 1.65v later to see if I can get it 3Ghz stable. Its watercooled, and currently only hitting low forties under full load.

The Chip sets are in standard voltage ( 1.5V ), and the LDT are 1.3 wile standard 1.2 =p

dsc03016medium1jy.th.jpg

so wait, are we raising LDT or Chipset? my Opty can get stable 2.9ghz w/1.65v, but its stable at 2.87ghz at 1.62v, my chipset is at 1.5v, and LDT at 1.3v. my chipset runs kinda hot, idles in high 30's to low 40's never seen it go above 48C though. and the LDT ive never gone higher than 1.3v, whats the max safest voltage to take it to?

I have noticed a big difference in stability when raising LDT voltage. I was hoping this thread would be a good discussion on this topic as well. What are other peopl experiencing?

Anyone have more details on what exactly this voltage is an how it affect power to the proc?