OMG, Made a break through! (sorta)

Cool :).

I will mod it tonight.

Right now I'm testing a new beta of my own, I would think it's still stable(it's more stable but I may need tighter timings, long story...).

So, I have'nt used s&m, though that would only take a few mins, nor have I used superpi.

I just moved straight on to priming so I can get on the net and in a min play some gtasa :).

So as soon as I get out of bed later, I'll have to run s&m and suerpi, which won't take to long, probably an hour or so after I wake up to mod the biso and everything else.

So sometime in the middle of the night, morning I'll have it ready for ya without probs ;).

Not sure if I'll have probs with odd offset or not being able to use modbin(I don't think I can use modbin if I remember).

But I should beable to use cbrom and that fixes chucksums anyways.

And you do have that spare chip so it's all good :).

If a decent romsip helps you get your board stable, by a decent amount, then sweet :).

Another idea, though a bit more extreme, is to try some diffren nvmm ver's.

From the nf4 boards.

That's the memory controller rom module.

On the lpb we got the nvdamc, you can't use that in a al bios.

So it would need some testing to find which of those nvmm's works best :.

Might not be worth that much though right now.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks neo, i would be interested in seeing how nFII takes a nF4 mem rom since the controller is on the cpu and not chipset. but give it a try, like i said i have a backup.

chris, if you mean changing timings in windows then yes you can, but CPC is not one of them, it hardlocks the machine...

Clay, thanks man, i just read playahs post again, that gives me a new fire to beat this thing! yesterday was just an all round bad day :(. its frustrating, but i will always have a never ending desire to get more from any setup i will ever have., its just one of those things :(.

@Charlie: "Playah's" right You've done as well as anyone ever could do with that board. (I seriously doubt even the engineers had a clue.)

But hummm..... If "Neo" can fix ya's up a bios. hehe That'll be interesting "Neo's"bios tend to do a whopping lot of fsb.LOL U-400 Rides again!!! If he can fit a cpc on off dialog box in it. that would be really cool. My Infinity maxed stable at 262 fsb single-ch about then,my dual-ch controller died. (probably OCin' the utt-bh5 The Infinity got even with the stuff though, it killed a stick of that LOL) Readin' post by "Shinobi" and "Playah"is one of the things that got me hooked on this site.(Shinobi's 1meg superpi thread Never even got close w/my ashush 40.88 was my best I think I can do better with it now though.Hehe)

I'm @ 11 and 50mins for prime so far...

I have'nt tried anything else but this shoudl be good enough for a bios testing mod.

Even if it does change slightly from instability, but I think it's gonna 100% cool on that.

Offtopic like.

I replaced my tornado for my other pnaflo for the heck of it.

Sinece I got most of my stuff down, Ifiguered it woudl be a good time to compare the fans again.

I saw someone with a nf4 say that his swiftech and 120mm blew away his typhoon and 120mm.

So I figuered it was worth a shot, even though I have a really old swiftech mcu-462(I think it was).

Anyways diode spikes are 3c higher once in a while, hitting 43c @ 275x1.475v.

But also lower too, spikes httting a low of 26c.

Temps were during the morning, just before things would of heated up in my room.

A good avg of what I'd b running like most of the time.

I went to sleep.

Woke up, and instead of sweating liek I normally am, I was shivering...

Man lol, it's a tad bit chilly in here, neat.

So I don't know what to think.

I'll keep the panaflo in for a while and see how it does over a few days.

I just dl'ed the bios above, I'll mod it in a few mins and then double post :).

Ok:

http://www.savefile.com/files/6237894

I admit savefile is kinda getting annoying with those adds...

Ohwell.

This bios is a replcement of the 6 romsip tables in the nf2 ultra al bios.

The 6 main ones.

I forgot to check for the decompressed type, darn it, ohwell(Those are inportant too so... : ).

I screwed up at 1st because I needed to add a new file and then take that extra file back out using cbrom to get a good checksum.

Thing was I made a dummy file that sent cbrom for a loop, before I cancled it the rom became over 90megs ^^.

So I had to redo the whole thing and instead I just added a sil sata rom and then took it back out, should of did the trick.

I replaced the main rom by hand, using winrar, cbrom and winhex.

Modbin does'nt work so that's why I have to add another file to the thing to fix checksums, using a modified modbin is out of the ? because of this, I allways doit by hand anyways.

You guys with backup chips check it out and see if it helps a bit.

I'm not sure as to the effects under 200 though.

But 200mhz and such is ok.

This is the hellfire 3eg r3 romsip.

The original name for the file was [NEO]U400SAL1130-M1.rar, before savefile changed it(I hate that).

I'm gonna check for the other 4 possible tables that might exist.

Edit:

Here's test 2:

http://www.savefile.com/files/1301937

I modified the uncomprsssed romsip tables(4 of them).

Actually I replaced them I should say :, with the ones in my suzuna bios.

This will help out alot.

A hellfire 3eg r3 bios is the hellfire 3eg r3 romsip, with uncompressed tables of the 619 lpb bios.

So this is a tad diffrent but good enough, actually it would be better I belive, as the hellfire romsip will work just fine along with them, I tested before.

The 1st test may be a crappy bios, because of this.

The 2nd one would be better.

Still, test them both if you want :).

So give me some feedbak on these, if it does the trick we can inprove further a td later on.

If it does'nt cut it, then we'll have to change a bit more of the bios, which I can do.

Thinking nvmm here.

After that I'm not sure.

Try awdflash.

That will give me the correct error, I would hope.

The bios should be perfectly fine.

I redid the checksum using cbrom, which I know works because I did it before.

Though I normally use modbin for that and change the name at the same time...

The main rom is in there just fine, with padded 00's done correctly.

It should be working dude...

I mean shoot I rechecked before I up'ed too, cbrom says it's all good.

If I can't use cbrom then I'll have to find another packer...

Then find the offsets for the checksum(which should'nt be hard).

But figuering out how to modify the checksum.., oui, depends, I never figuered those out for pci headers...

I wish we could flash without checksums..., like you can with nvidia video cards.

Anyways try it again with awdflash and tell me if it works.

Flash with:

awdflash 1130m1.bin /py /sn /wb /cd /cp /cc

Etc.

If you're ready to bring out the 2nd bios chip, try:

awdflash 1130m1.bin /py /sn /wb /cd /cp /cc /f

Might be worth a shot, if the 1st does'nt work though the 2nd is likely to screw the rom over I think.

Also it's probably best to try the m2 1st anyways.

If awdflash does'nt work I'l have to find a packer that works, then figuer out how to mod the checksum by hand.

I can add to the bios by hand that's not a prob, which I allready did...

Actually man.

I can re-extract the main rom from the bios with winrar just fine, just like with the original bios.

It should be perfectly fine.

Awdflash...

Ok I assumed then it does'nt flash.

If it does flash it's supposed to say that with the awdflash commands I gave you.

Clear this up for me though, does it flash or not?

If it does'nt then I'll need to figuer the checksum offsets out, and how to set that up.

I was assuming that cbrom did it for me but maybe not, which is odd but I guess if I have to learn another skill I have to learn it...

Oh and btw.

Optimal and aggressive are indetical with those bios'es.

At least the m2 would be.

I'm not sure what the uncompressed tables do but I know they are needed for stability.

Since there was only 6 tables I'm not gonna fool with that at the moment, should be easy enough to figuer out though.

Edit:

I'll explain the cmos checksum error after flashing thing isf that's what is going on.

Those commands, it ensure's that the entier biso is flashed, not just 3/4 of it like normal.

Which is absolutly needed for stability and stuff!

Bad things happen if say you don't flash over the bootblock, even if the previous one shoudl be indentical, if the bis is chnaged in anyway, it should be copied over.

The cmos checksum it's self it to ensure that settings formt he previous bios don't stick after flash.

Thay's a good thing, as settings from a previous bios could totally fork over the rom.

You're gonna have to redo your setup in the bios, this shoudl be obvious...

After setup and reboot, the checksum error will be gone ;).

Anyways confim that it flashes or not with me, I'd like to know this asap, even if I can't correct it today or whatever.

Check stability past 200mhz, not under this.

The hellfire romsip may not be a good thing under that.

Though I use it to jump from when I 1st boot.

I just have'nt really checked stability at lower fsb's, should be ok, but it might not be 100%.

For he heck of it, check with optimal as well afterwards, for bandwith and stability.

I've seen it change when the romsip tables are indentical though..., like these are.

But if say you get alot more stability, then something is diffrent then the lpb bios.

Hi. It's been a while since i have posted here. Could you maybe edit the first post to sum up what conclusions you have reached?

Anything applicable to my nF2 U400SG-AGF?

The thing is, it has the bioschip soldered on the mainboard, so even though i have a bios saviour, it's not compatible and thereby, i cannot experiment with something i don't know if will boot.

Any progression as far as figuring out voltmods?

LASTLY: WILL OCZ RAMBOOSTER work with these cards? I think it's uncompatible with the lanparty cards, but then again, who needs more voltage adjustment on those cards. Worse with my nF2 U400SG-AGF where I'm limited to 2.9 VRAM. If OCZ rambooster works here, I will buy one as I have seen it for sale second hand, relatively cheap. Any insights?