CMOS checksum error, no boot

So I have my overclock running stable for a couple weeks without any issues (275x10 memory @ 1:1 1T 3-3-3-8 1.6VCORE 2.8 VDIMM). Then I tried to run Windows Update, and in the middle of it I get a BSOD. So I reboot, and now Windows won't boot up, even in safe mode (I always get a BSOD). Now before I reformat and losing all of my files, I try anything to to get a boot. So I cleared my CMOS. I did this by :

1) Cut off power with PSU switch.

2) Take out battery

3) Move CMOS jumper to pins 2-3.

4) Wait 30 minutes.

5) Reset jumper, then battery.

6) Turn power back on.

So now I try to boot. The VGA BIOS screen loads up, I get a mobo beep, and the DFI logo screen comes up. However, the system hangs at this screen. So I try to reboot (tried it with the reset button and the power button), and now the VGA BIOS doesn't even come up, the system hangs the 2 troubleshooting LEDs. I have to switch off the power via the PSU switch, wait for a while, then turn it back on in order for the system to even attempt to POST again. The safe boot jumper does not help.

So I try the clear the CMOS again, this time waiting about an hour and a half. Now I get past the DFI logo screen, and the POST screen comes up with an error. It's normal, but at the bottom it reads:

"

CMOS checksum error -- Defaults loaded.

Warning! Now system is in safe mode.

Please re-setting CPU frequency in the CMOS setup.

Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter SETUP.

06/23/2005-NF-CK804-6A61FD49C-00

"

So either:

1) I press F1. The screen goes black with a blinking cursor in the top left corner and hangs.

2) I press DEL. The screen goes black and hangs before the BIOS comes up.

The board is somewhat new (got it in July), so I doubt that it's the CMOS battery. I can try to get another one to check, but I was wondering if anyone else had an idea what the problem might be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am kind of having the same problem. I havent got it to boot into Windows yet.

After clearing the CMOS, I get the same Checksum Error. I enter the BIOS and load the optimized settings, but then when I save and exit, I get stuck on 4 LEDs and the only way to access the BIOs again is to reclear the CMOS and start over.

HELP needed. BIOS DFI Ultra-D problem !!!

Have have almost the same problem as the above.

Good to know, that I am not alone. :-)

The following experience tool place...

I am creating the following on behalf of a friend of mine:

Antec TX TX1050B (500w PSU included)

DFI NF4 Ultra-D (Bios 6/23/2005 )

3000+ Venice

XP-90 and 92mm fan

Ati X800XL ICeQ II

2x512 MB RaM (orange slots)

Maxtor 200GB

DVD-burner

Cd-rom drive

Disk-drive

First two or three boots OK.

No problem.

I had some problems with the Disk-drive.

That was why I booted a bit.

And then suddenly the bios..

gave me

the following Warning:

"Warning! Now system is in safe mode.

Please re-setting CPU frequency in the CMOS setup.

Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter SETUP."

The FSB = 200 with default Bios loaded

Have have used hours now on solving this problem.

What to do ???

Please help me out!

Try this, worked for a noob (me),

1. Turn off all power

2. Remove Battery

3. Clear CMOS

4. FlashBios with TMODS Flashing Utility

:)

I can't flash if I can't even get past the POST screen.

Does anyone know if they have Newsun 3V Lithium Cell CR-2032 batteries at Radioshack, or am I going to have to order them online?

I thought that the checksum error always comes up when you clear the bios. At least it does for me. I just hit delete enter the bios and make the necessary changes. The guy that was getting the safe mode bios msg...I've run into that error when I did an OC that was much too high and the system crashed. It has also come up for me on a previous system that was unstable...If I kept hitting reset on failed boots sooner or later I'd get the safe mode msg.

I thought that the checksum error always comes up when you clear the bios. At least it does for me. I just hit delete enter the bios and make the necessary changes. The guy that was getting the safe mode bios msg...I've run into that error when I did an OC that was much too high and the system crashed. It has also come up for me on a previous system that was unstable...If I kept hitting reset on failed boots sooner or later I'd get the safe mode msg.

I've never seen it until now. I also have the safe mode BIOS, but I can't get it past the POST screen to even see what safe mode is.