The BallistiX report for my winchester

Sharp

Guest ninjastyle

I'm gonna add my A64 Tweaker screenshot here, just in case anyone might benefit from seeing what timings it can do. It's currently 256Mhz / DDR512. This is Memtest86 stable, 32 passes. In fact I know it can go way higher, just a shame I'm restricted to 2.3 Ghz on the CPU. :( Can't wait to buy an Opteron...

33223270931.gif

Guest ninjastyle

Hi. Yep, I was playing it safe with that last A64 Tweaker shot. I am currently trying to lower the tRC and tRFC. So far it seems stable with tRC @ 10, and I'll keep lowering it until it gets unstable. tRC 10 is Memtest stable for 3 passes so far. More to come, but I have a feeling it won't go much lower. I'm currently looking for other users Tweaker shots to get more of an idea of what I can change.

I'm sticking to 2.8V too, I think pumping more than this into it is what caused the one stick to go bad, it would fail Memtest even at stock. The replacement is working great so far, but time will tell. I feel like this current batch of Ballistix can't be thrashed as hard as the old stuff. I bought my 2 x 512 sticks separately, see. One is batch number CL1113x.xx (2004, and it's a GREAT stick), the other is CL1115x.xx (very recent batch, I think). I'm hoping Crucial can sort the issues out soon and get the quality back up. I still love Ballistix, it's amazing for the money and I would like to remain loyal to Crucial.

Cant belive my eyes. some kind of joke right lol. welcome to the i got to Just get 6 more htt out of it :nod:

but theres somthing that cought my eye and that is

(CPU VID Special Control..............104% Shows up as 1.4v instead of 1.45v)

I wish others would do a test of the working of this. for im having grate problems with it the first third of the setting dont do anything. then the secont third chat a little. then the third changes so im saying like 3/3 the first stays 1.50 and load 1.6 then the secont third gose 1.60 and 171 at load .then the last gose 164 and 173 load .do others have this problem ?

Guest ninjastyle

@ Sharp: tRC and tRFC seem stable at 8 and 12 respectively. Haven't done extensive Memtesting yet, just a few passes and about 10 loops of test #5, and things look good. That old stick must have been holding me back quite a lot, which is the one that eventually went bad, so it figures.

Current Tweaker settings @ 256 x 9, 2.8V, slots 1 & 3.

EDIT: Ran Memtest overnight. 7 hours, 19 passes, no errors.

TWEAKER.gif

Guest ninjastyle

@ Sharp: tRC and tRFC seem stable at 8 and 12 respectively. Haven't done extensive Memtesting yet, just a few passes and about 10 loops of test #5, and things look good. That old stick must have been holding me back quite a lot, which is the one that eventually went bad, so it figures.

Current Tweaker settings @ 256 x 9, 2.8V, slots 1 & 3.

EDIT: Ran Memtest overnight. 7 hours, 19 passes, no errors.

TWEAKER.gif

• 1 month later...

Long time no post to this, Since my 2nd set went faulty I stopped posting and recently I have been busy.

Anyway, 3rd set has been running for a while, nearly 4 weeks.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3423&stc=1

I like my bandwidth score, 3033MB/s which is a slight improvement from last time.

(due to playing around with the tREF setting)

Also testing tRAS of 5.

• 3 months later...