3800+ overclock 4 a DFI noob

Guest Tainted_merged

Got my results a min ago found a stable spot at 1.6vcore 1.3 something at 123% it took to get stable I am going to fiddle around more to see if I can get her stable at lower voltage temps never get above 44 max load usually stay around 42 when dual primeing.

Tell me what you think :

Crap pagefile > < god damn is this the grim reaper? I set prime to 800 in custom box for memory usage as I have 2 GIG.

I pass on Prime and Super PI but freeze on last tests at 2 - 5 fps in 3d mark 05.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update just ran super pi and 3dmark they passed I received 8085 score memory @ 135mhz & crap timeing looks like when I OC my GFX card & tweak my ram timeings I am going to have one hell of a score.

What are your guys views on running at 1.6v for everyday use.

Pics included :

Guest Tainted

1.65v one air??? It is frezzinmg here in england though. Wait till summer!! :(

I'm no expert but that could lend towards shortening the life span of the chip. I do know when you sort the ram out and overclock that graphics it's going to screem.

At 2.5ghz and my 7800GT running at 480/1150 I can get about 8236 score on 3dmark05. Would love 2.7ghz on my X2 and ram @2-2-2-8 and then I think the graphics card will be fed nicely. :)

Sucks that not at home to play with my system and see if I can go above 2.4ghz stable on prime.

ahh well buying a opteron on monday then I'm selling my X2, 3ghz and a 1mb l2 at low volts sound sexy to me.

Also my Chipset voltage is on default and my LDT will changeing them meen I can come down a bit on the cpu voltage?

Guest Tainted
how much vcore is required for you to get 2500MHz stable?

also have you raised any other things like ldt voltage etc??

asking me?

Currently trying 1.3v + 110% and slowly going up to get it stable. It fails but I think it's temps and the 6 drives I have heating things up. Going to reverse my fans to move hot air the other way now away from the CPU. Mainboard is hitting 49-51c. Is this normal????

I think 1.6 1.65v is going to do it though. It's an Ok chip but now the best. Might try different slot for ram, also one stick to see if's a problem.

chipset is set to 1.6v and the other one?? at 1.3v have not seen a difference at all.

Need to get home now to carry on.... :mad:

update at 2700 at 1.56vcore :nod:

Tried going to 2750 and 2800 up to 1.67 voltages wont have any of it I am hanging at windows boot screen so I think its my max for now give it to feburary after some as5 is on my gfx card cpu and chipset and try for 2800 again.

not sure I'm going for opty now seems like most retailers in Uk have put prices up a tad.

Also guys I've found best test for stability first if you can boot into windows with your new settings is 3dmax 05 I know in the dfi overclocking guide it says that you should try super pi first, but personally I have found running 3dmark 05 saves alot of time and gives a better stability test than super pi or occt best to run them after if you pass 3dmark05.

Hope this helps good luck with your oc's.

@prayer: Trust the reading in the bios

Short story: At 2500=10x250 @ 1.42V, and this is probably where I'll stay.

Long story: Still very much in the testing phase (haven't run 8hr Prime yet, only 2hrs or so), but I seem to get a very stable system with my X2 3800+@ 2500=10x250 1.43v. Running my RAM at 1:1, 3-4-4-8 2.6v. Tested for Super-pi 32m stability a few times and has had 10 hours uptime today with no problems noticed.

I tried to go higher, and could get the cpu to 2650=10x265, with RAM at slowest settings to test the CPU limit. Had to raise voltage to 1.65v to get there though. I could actually get Windows to boot at 10x285, but it insta-crashed in superpi. Same story all the way down to 265 actually. More voltage could probably get it more stable at higher clocks.

Trying to get the RAM to 1:1 at 265 failed though. Timings are already pretty loose, so didn't want to try any further and I don't want to run on divider. Anyway, the voltage bump resulted in a 10c rise in temperature, and I am going primarily for a cool and quiet system, so I backed down to 10x250 again :)

So looks like this is as far as I will go with this one, with the RAM apparently holding me back. A 8hr+ Prime run is due for tomorrow.

Guest Tainted

rapty are you at those settings comforatbly now. Did you notice a bit of a problem getting from 2.4ghz to 2.5ghz. I have not tried to go further cause at 1.4v I was running fine on dual prime95 @2.4ghz. 2.5ghz seems to be a classy lady.

Now!! I have currently raised the volts from 1.4v to 1.497v which is running now and I'm not sure it will finish priming when I get home from work. Seems quite a jump just to get an extra 100mhz. I know the board has no problem with 300FSB but I'm only using 250 for a 2.5ghz overclock.

I'm using 1dimm currently and moved it around the slots. not much of a difference. :mad: