3800+ overclock 4 a DFI noob

Guest Tainted_merged

Good Stepping allow you to use low voltage I have seen some people reached 3GHZ With less than 1.5V

My CPU and it's bad stepping(IW) Likes to eat much voltage , I used 1.60 to reach 2.6G I tried lower voltage but it was not stable so I Set Vcore at 1.60V , I think i will need 1.8v to reach 3G then I will lost mine cpu directly :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours Prime95 is all that's required when OCing

I get mine to 2.5GHz with only 1.39v....Maybe I just got lucky...I'm also using a XP-90 and a NeoPower supply which provides some really clean and efficient power to my entire system...
2.5Gh (250 *10) on 1.39v? No Way, at least not prime stable, yes you can probably boot, but no way that survives Prime95 on 2 cores for 24h. I needed1.350 * 110% (=1.485) to run 24h dual core prime stable. even 1.325 * 110% (=1.458) stopped after 7.5 hours)
I'm just lucky I guess...I ran dual prime stable for 12 hours...I started it when I went to work and when I came home it was still running...Didn't take any screen shots...But I could do it again tomorrow.
Wow man, you ARE lucky, any more info on CPU revision?

BTW, when you OC, 8 hours Prime95 stable is all that's needed to be considered passable. However, I think you were right the first time Ralphie; I'm not buying the whole, "I get mine to 2.5GHz with only 1.39v....Maybe I just got lucky..." routine! I want to actually see
proof
that you got your CPU OCed to 2.5GHz on only 1.39v. I want to see screen shots. Sorry Ralphie but I'm not that gullible. I've seen people claim here at DFI-Street that they can get their Venice core OCed by 1GHz on air with fewer than 1.5 volts. YEAH, RIGHT! Then they have
no
visual proof. If that's the case, eh-um, yeah I got my FX-57 up to 7GHz on air with just 1.42 volts and it is 84 hours
Prime95
stable... Give me a break...

I get mine to 2.5GHz with only 1.39v....Maybe I just got lucky...I'm also using a XP-90 and a NeoPower supply which provides some really clean and efficient power to my entire system...
2.5Gh (250 *10) on 1.39v? No Way, at least not prime stable, yes you can probably boot, but no way that survives Prime95 on 2 cores for 24h. I needed1.350 * 110% (=1.485) to run 24h dual core prime stable. even 1.325 * 110% (=1.458) stopped after 7.5 hours)
I'm just lucky I guess...I ran dual prime stable for 12 hours...I started it when I went to work and when I came home it was still running...Didn't take any screen shots...But I could do it again tomorrow.

BTW, when you OC, 8 hours Prime95 stable is all that's needed to be considered passable. However, I think you were right the first time Ralphie; I'm not buying the whole, "I get mine to 2.5GHz with only 1.39v....Maybe I just got lucky..." routine! I want to actually see
proof
that you got your CPU OCed to 2.5GHz on only 1.39v. I want to see screen shots. Sorry Ralphie but I'm not that gullible. I've seen people claim here at DFI-Street that they can get their Venice core OCed by 1GHz on air with fewer than 1.5 volts. YEAH, RIGHT! Then they have
no
visual proof. If that's the case, eh-um, yeah I got my FX-57 up to 7GHz on air with just 1.42 volts and it is 84 hours
Prime95

Guest Tainted

Yeah I think I should be taking screenshots for every 100mhz milestone I achieve as I go up each 100mhz.

It's true people need to start showing screens or things will get carried away with false claims.

Has anyone thought of a checking what the standard volts are on the 3800+, 4200+, 4400+, 4600+ and 4800+? Ok some of those run at the same core speed with extra cache but would be nice to see if we can run at the same 2.4ghz speed and volts as a 4600+. Almost a starting point of what most could hope to achieve.

Cause I'm sure the 3800+ runs at lower volts but I could be wrong though?

Yeah I think I should be taking screenshots for every 100mhz milestone I achieve as I go up each 100mhz.

It's true people need to start showing screens or things will get carried away with false claims.

Has anyone thought of a checking what the standard volts are on the 3800+, 4200+, 4400+, 4600+ and 4800+? Ok some of those run at the same core speed with extra cache but would be nice to see if we can run at the same 2.4ghz speed and volts as a 4600+. Almost a starting point of what most could hope to achieve.

Click on the chart to go directly to this information at the AMD website. I hope this helps:

AMD_X2_Juxtaposition_2005-11-18_051.png

Guest Tainted

yeah that makes sense sort of as I can run at 2.4ghz at 1.4v stable on prime95 for 9 hours then I stopped to change settings to 2.5ghz.

It's a pain starting from the bottom but it's actually far more fun as you go through each little stage and know what works. I used to shoot for a middle to high end clock that other's were achieving and never really know what was falling apart.

I had loads of success in the Pentium area up untill I hit the A64 world with my previous venice and now this.

take it easy.

proof
no
Prime95

Haha...Ok...I don't think that 2.5Ghz is really a stretch at 1.40 volts. My default volt was like 1.29 at 2.0Ghz....I was able to get it to 2.3Ghz with that voltage, but when I moved up to 2.4 and 2.5 I had to boost it up to the present 1.39. BTW...It does fluctuate a little up to 1.42 when I check out the MB5 dashboard when running Prime....2.6 to 2.8 on 1.4 volts, now that's a bit of stretching.

Well I got up at 6am this morning and turned it on, when I left for work at 7:30am it was still running...I guess we will see when I get home...BTW...My apartment gets really cold when I leave as I turn my heat off...And because it is so cold in the city today I don't think I'll have any issues with heat...Not a true test I guess with how my normal environment settings are, but I don't want to turn my heat on for the sake of QA testing and running up a large butt electric bill...LOL

Mine is just a Manchester cor I bought last month...I think it was an E4 as reported by MB5...BH I think was the first two letters...I'll have to go home and check up on it again...I could be wrong in reporting the voltage...I'm using MB5, which reports the volts and I am not sure what the standard error is for that tool...

Good Stepping allow you to use low voltage I have seen some people reached 3GHZ With less than 1.5V

My CPU and it's bad stepping(IW) Likes to eat much voltage , I used 1.60 to reach 2.6G I tried lower voltage but it was not stable so I Set Vcore at 1.60V , I think i will need 1.8v to reach 3G then I will lost mine cpu directly :D

How crappy/good is my stepping??

AMD Athlon 64

ADA3800DAA5CD

CCBWE 0535SPMW

1319559I50571

I have a toledo cored 3800, but the default (auto) voltage shows up on mbm as 1.31, but its really 1.35 (tested with DMM), my MBM reads about .4 low on everything.

I have it now where its 8hrs stable, crashed at 9 at 267*9 = 2403mhz (ram on a 1:1 DDR534), with 1.458v (1.325x110%). I started prime before I went to work this morning and will see how it does again. CPU is down to 36-37 running dual prime now.

Then this weekend I will start messing with my memory timinigs.