3800 X2 Overclock using stock heatsink

SkeptiKal12

How have you guys faired using the stock heatsink on the 3800 X2? I am currently running at 2.42Ghz (still have a lot of testing to do).

My temps arent too bad (38 idle 51-52 load).

Im not having too much luck overclocking 1:1 with loosened timings so am using a 5/6 divider.

Was hoping for 2.5 GHZ. Anyone there with a stock heatsink and what temps are you getting?

the stock hs i got with my cpu is collecting dust...lol

but your temps are not bad, as these cpu tend to run pretty cool.

an aftermarket solution will shave off a few celcius for ya

i idle at 32~34 with my oc, and 1.7 volts going to the cpu, with my zalman

How have you guys faired using the stock heatsink on the 3800 X2? I am currently running at 2.42Ghz (still have a lot of testing to do).

My temps arent too bad (38 idle 51-52 load).

Im not having too much luck overclocking 1:1 with loosened timings so am using a 5/6 divider.

Was hoping for 2.5 GHZ. Anyone there with a stock heatsink and what temps are you getting?

I'm down to 30C...It's getting cold here in NYC...I left my window open while I was at work and found the temps down to 28...The kicker...I'm overclocked to 2500...Using dual prime it gets up to 40...With the window open it stays at 38.

Ya my idle is down to about 30-31C. If I can reach 2.5Ghz with the stock heatsink with reasonable temperatures than it would be a waste of money to upgrade the HS for another 100Mhz or so. Maybe I should upgrade my video card? Ha.

I don't have the greatest chip so I am pumping some volts into it.

Also noticed that the system is A LOT more responsive than my old S754 at 2.4Ghz with 1MB Cache.

I guess I could possibly try the newer beta BIOS instead of the official to get better overclocks?

Im running 2.4ghz with temps 32 idle and 45 load...im also trying to run 2.5ghz but that requires alot of vcore so i think i need a new cooler or something because im running 1.41 with 2.4 and 2.5 requires at least 1.47-1.49.