Unstable new setuo...

Alright, I have been trying to figure out what has been happening with my new setup (see my sig). First thing, when I initially setup this mobo, I did not realize there was a 12v connector and a FDD connector that need to be plugged in. Without these plugged in, I completely setup windows. That is the first thing I wasn't sure or not that could have contributed to the problem. However, I have plugged power into those slots, and things are still unstable.

Second, I installed the SW-IDE driver with this mobo, and I am not running a RAID set-up. I read in one of the stickies that this can screw some things up, which would explain why the system restarted in the middle of me installing World of Warcraft.

Third, I also noticed that occasionally during boot that it doesn't detect my CD-RW all the time. I also read to turn CHS to Auto instead, so hopefully that works.

Now I know its not the RAM, I ran MemTest86+ for 4 1/2 hrs and passed 12 tests without a problem. I also ran the Western Digital Diagnostic Utility on my HDD to make sure there were no bad sector's, and it passed.

The area's I've noticed instability with are installing the 4 disc installation of WoW. I once played Farcry, exited it to adjust video card drivers, and when I went to launch it again, it gave me some error about a General Process Host or something. Then something called drwatson32 failed, which was odd as I've never heard of this.

Thanks for the help!

Memtest doesn't really mean too much. People run that for hours, just to load windows, run a better test, and fail in a matter of minutes. Try Prime95 for a few hours (atleast), and maybe some 3dmark's, since you're gaming.

How do you "adjust" drivers?

Since memory timings and mhz play a very very small role in performance, try loosening up the timings a tad on those kingstons. maybe 2.5-4-4-10 or 3-4-4-10 and/or put it on a 9/10 divider (or 8/10) even and see what happens

Alright, I just set the timings to 2.5-4-4-10. Before this I was just playing Farcry, and I got through the entire first lvl without a problem, then when it went to load the next lvl it immediately dropped back to the desktop.

Oh, I was adjusting the colors in the video drivers.