Onboard sound problem

I repeatedly get this popping sound when playing games and in windows. It's like this loud pop or stutter. Does anyone else have this problem or a solution?

I also tested 3dmark 05 and got 6651 points, is it okay with this setup?

Guest thespin

Are you running Win x32 or Win x64 ? Right click on and uninstall (in Device Manager) all your audio drivers that are uninstallable. Then reboot. Let windows install default drivers or cancel 'new hardware found' and re-install other audio drivers if you are so inclined (if running x64 all drivers must be x64) ...

Didn't do no good. It somehow seems to be related to system load, when I start a program or something I sometimes get the pop. How do you think an old Sounblaster live value compares to the onboard sound? I have one lying around somewhere, its about 5 years old.

Popping is generally due to static discharge in the vicinity of the jacks. Check around your case and see if you have a power strip or some other piece of electrical equipment near the case. Crappy audio cables will do this as well. Try investing in better speaker cable, and if all else fails then yeah id pop that sound blaster in. Keep in mind this is on board sound, no matter how DFI hypes it up with its "Karajan Audio Module" etc, its still onboard sound and wont be nearly as good as a third party sound card.