do Toledos run hotter than Winchesters?

I ran a 3500+ Winchester for about 6 months. At STOCK speeds/voltages in would idle between 23-26 degrees. I just upgraded to a 4400+ Toledo. It seems to idle between 26-29 degrees. I know this isn't a BIG difference (3 degrees :nod: ), however, I am still curious as to if this is normal? My Winnie's stock voltage was 1.40 (BIOS reported 1.38)... this Toldeo's stcok voltage is 1.35 (BIOS reports 1.33). I just figured that the 4400+ should possibly idle cooler since it is getting a little less voltage? Anyways, my other two temps are exactly the same (PWM IC is 29-30, and Chipset is 34-36).

Perhaps I just need to give my AS5 a couple days to settle in... I'll do some more testing at LOAD temps...

-Thanks

Sorry, but I'm hijacking my own thread :D

hitman, I see we run the same Motherboard, Processor, and Memory... I was curious as to what 3DMark scores you get (and with what overclock)? I am trying to decide if I should go with an Asus Extreme N7800GTX TOP now, or wait for the 512MB 7800 GTX, or even wait, wait, WAIT for an X1800XT...?

-Thanks

Haven't started to truly OC yet, just fixing up the memory so it's rock solid at stock before I begin. With everything at stock (except graphics, which comes pre-OCed at 470/1300), I'm getting 3DMark '03 scores of about 17,000.

That's with

Graphics = 470/1300

Mem = 250 3-4-4-8 with 1T (so far ;))

CPU = 250x9 with 4xHTT