Best bios for AMD 64 3200 DTR/LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb

I am still using the old 9/14 bios.. I havent even thought about upgrading in a while and am kinda outa the loop.. Whats the newest/best BIOS to get?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are having no other problems or glitches I would just update to the latest official 504 from the DFI website. If you have a floppy download the Diamond flash image and it will format, write and install all the correct command lines so all you have to do is boot from the floppy and the rest is automatic. Don't reboot after the flash, shut down and clear the CMOS with power off and CMOS battery removed for at least 60 secs. Reboot, load optimized defaults Save and Exit and after it reboots then go back in and set it up the way you like it.... I personaaly use a tictac 415 bios because it cleared up a few problems I was having with cold booting a raid array...

If you have no problems to speak of DON'T CHANGE YOUR BIOS. however, I flashed to 10/15 and haven't had any problems since. My NF3 250gb is an awesome mobo. But I like dual core...so there ya go.

I am having issues with not being able to clock my proc to 2 ghz. Also, when ever i am playing games, my whole machines acts up and the screen glitches horribly. When this happens, I have to hard boot. I have noticed that the temp on my VC goes to 130 F, which is normal I guess.

I am just going to format win and flash the bios to start all over.

Can I get a little more info. CPU voltage and such. I had major problems when I was running a mobile in my board, it was a weird mobile though, 1.6 ghz and 256 L2 and the board would default to .93 volts to the cpu.

do you know how to OC? you've got to adjust cpu,ddr, chipset voltage settings. Otherwise you won't likely OC much. I would hold off on flashing if I were you. First attempt to increase your cpu vcore. Up you Vdimm and set the chipset to 1.75v. It will depend on how much you want and how your cpu reacts. notice I'm at 1.52v, 2.6ghz? There are plenty who can get 2.7ghz on 1.4v. I'm just not lucky I guess.

right now at optimized defaults I am @

(from Genie BIOS)

CPU Core Voltage 1.09 V

Chip Set Voltage 1.62 V

AGP Slot Voltage 1.52 V

DRAM 2.5v Voltage 2.64

its an AMD 3200 + DTR 64 bit w/ 1mb L2 Cache(2ghz)

CPU Core Voltage 1.09v? If that's the real voltage, I'm suprised you're even able to boot the system at 1.09v. The default voltage for a Clawhammer 3200+ DTR or otherwise, is 1.5v

Even 90nm Processors default at 1.35v. If you're having problems overclocking, than that is definately the reason.

Kick that baby up to 1.5, then set it at 11 X 200. Go in and read the A64 OC guide so that at least all the terminology is in your head and the basics started. Optimized defaults aren't the way to go with this board as they are often way to relaxed to give the best performance.. Basic settings that get you moving in the right direction are easy enough but after that it is trial and error by changing one thing, testing it and benchmarking it to see if it helps. Takes a month or so to get through all the options available on this board if you have a day job..

Kick that baby up to 1.5, then set it at 11 X 200. Go in and read the A64 OC guide so that at least all the terminology is in your head and the basics started. Optimized defaults aren't the way to go with this board as they are often way to relaxed to give the best performance.. Basic settings that get you moving in the right direction are easy enough but after that it is trial and error by changing one thing, testing it and benchmarking it to see if it helps. Takes a month or so to get through all the options available on this board if you have a day job..

The only reason that they are opt defaults is because I formatted the hd and reinstalled win xp again. I never OC and install Windows. I will kick it up to 1.5 and see what happens, but yes this is what the Genie screen is telling me. It used to be set to a higher voltage, I thought, I will update when I get home.

Ill try the 11 multi as well.. even if I could get 10x200x4 then I will be happy o.O