Kingston CAS3 and BlueScreens

"Answer: After flashing your BIOS, you should power down the computer when after the flash procedure exits and restarts your computer."

So, it flashes the bios, restarts and inmediatly i power down the PC?

without waiting even POST?

and what means diamond flash image? :confused:

is a flashing program or something?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vassili Zaitsev, you're having problems with TEST 5 in Mesmtest 1.6 ?!

I'm having problems only with Test 5, fsb at 200Mhz or more..

No matter what CAS i use.. i have error.. lot of error..

I'm using 2x512 F-TCCC Samsung Single Sided DDR.. with 2.8v..

Now i'm runing at 199Mhz CAS-2-2-2-11 with Comman Rate Disabled...

Just download Tmods Boot CD from HERE. Extract the ISO from the ZIP file and burn it to a CD, boot from it, select DFI Infinity Bios and select the 6/19/2004 from the list and it will flash your system automatically for you.

Don't forget to clear your Cmos before and after the flash.

Vassili,

Did you try the tRC at 11 and the tRFC at 14, along with the 2.5-3-3-3-8 timings and 2.7v? Just curious, I'd like to know what results you got with those timings and voltage, if you tried those.

NoOne,

How old is your TCCC memory? I thought TCCC Sam's were rated at 3-3-3-3-x...? It looks like your giving them more voltage than what they're rated for, but is that really going to allow you to get at 2-2-2-2-x timings and at 200MHz/400DDR or better?

TCCC aint bad, its similar to Hynix D43 but D43 usually clocks slightly higher...

TCCC doesn't like tight timings though. At 200mhz your looking at around 2.5-3-3-6 timings on average and 3-4-4-8 at 250mhz.

It does like a little extra voltage, but doesn't really respond to anything over 2.8v from what i've seen, but you shouldn't need 2.8v at defaults anyway...

If you've tried those timings already then i'd try each stick out individually to make sure you haven't got a dud.

Also try swapping the sticks around and trying different ram slots. At higher clocks you might need to up your chipset voltage.

From what i've seen Samsung usually likes weak Drive Strengths, these boards default to a pretty weak strength anyway so Auto should be fine. It defaults to DS 2 on Single Sided sticks and DS 4 for Double Sided...

NoOne,

How old is your TCCC memory? I thought TCCC Sam's were rated at 3-3-3-3-x...? It looks like your giving them more voltage than what they're rated for, but is that really going to allow you to get at 2-2-2-2-x timings and at 200MHz/400DDR or better?

This is a new memory .. i bought it last week..

I'm now runing at 199 CAS2.. 2.8v

ftccccas21993am.jpg

No wonder your having problems running those timings. Slacken them off to 2.5-3-3-8. I'd say you've no chance at retaining those timings over 200mhz from what i've seen of TCCC.

Disabling CPC hits performance quite badly too. If your disabling CPC just to retain those timings then it really isn't worth it...

Vassili -

Thanks for the reply.

NoOne -

As Shinobi mentioned, you ought to try 1 RAM stick at a time, just to make sure both sticks are okay. Shinobi also mentioned trying 2.5-3-3-3-8 timings, with CPC on. I agree with him, you ought to give that a try with 2.7v, which ought to be more than enough, 2.8v if it really seems the RAM needs it.

If 2.5-3-3-3-8 with 2.7v or 2.8v doesn't appear to be okay for either stick, then I'd suggest trying 3.0-3-3-3-8 timings with the same voltage(s). Also, you may want to test them at 166MHz/333MHz, if you're having trouble with 200MHz/400DDR. If you're getting errors with both sticks (test one at a time first) at any of the settings, then you may want to try the timings and voltages mentioned, but with a tRC of 11 and a tRFC of 14 and see if that does anything for you.

Are you running the FSB and RAM on a 1:1 ratio? Are you still using 1.55v @ 2.2GHz on the CPU you have listed in your sig?