Flasing Bios

okay, my friend wants to overclock his fsb from his bios, he has an asus motherboard with a p4 northwood 2.0, his bios dont allow him to do anything, hes downloaded many different bios but has no idea how to get them working? how do you get new ones?

LOL that is soo mean...

Hey what Mobo are you running?

go to your manufactors webpage.. download the bios

it should have an auto extracter...

put it on a floppy..reboot.. the floppy should bring u in to a dos prompt.. and.. just type in the command from there to flash ur bios..

the Auto extract file should come with a readme.. that tells you what to type..

LOLOL :lol:

we all know ur friend is actually you and u dont wanna make urself look stoopid!

Your one mean basted....even if he is doing that dont be .! Just answer his question and dont mock him!!! GRRR that pisses me off! :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Nah bosco is right he is asking for me and I never asked him to if you guys think I am a dumbass but thanks Lewis anyway and yes I haev downloaded the BIOS from ASUS's website and I don't know how to flash them...actually I may have lost them cuz I had to format my drive and it is like broken I just died at the end of 3DMark 2001 SE and it said I had to run a system recovery but it is fine now but I needa reformat it anyway...Yeah but how do you flash your BIOS?

You can download the program from just about anywhere, you just have to download the one for your bios. Just choose the company that made your bios and save the download to a floppy. Thats the safest and quickest way. :D

I lost where to do it in ASUS's site...If you remember I had said that I have a P4B266-LW ASUS board it was a P4B266-LM board...There are no specific BIOS for it...should I download the clostest thing to it...also what do you download to flash the BIOS, isn't it called like aflash.exe or pflash.exe or flash.exe if I remember correctly?