Help... Windows keeps gettin errors after i install and run with games

Help...

Everytime I install my windows with splitstream it loads fine.

I install the latest nvidia nf4 platform drivers (All options IDE, SW, i forgot what else theres 4 additonal options) but I dont install the firewall from nvidia. Latest nvidia graphics driver and realtek audio.

However, everytime I get windows started and begin playing any mmorpg I get a freeze or reboot ( Meaning everytime this happens I cant get back into windows) i've probably reinstalled windows about 5 times =(

The first couple times bios was set with some over clocking settings, but after the 3 error I tried to install and run with loaded opt settings... but got the same result.

The problem would show up saying "Error loading operation system"

Please help....

I really hope that it isnt a part that I might have to rma.

1.) Could it be that I left out something from the raid 0 setup? I have enabled sata 1 & 2, used the sata floppy that came with the mobo to install.

2.)Could it be that my windows cd is the problem? I used a xpcorp_en cd I got from my friend (which was burned) then splitstreamed it. ( I also tried both enabling and disabling windows update)

3.)Could it be the additional options from nivida platform driver that I shouldnt install with my raid setup?

4.) Or anything else you experts think it could be?

Sorry for the multiple questions...

and if this has been asked or answered please please please link me to the post.

I just wanna use my new comp =....(

Also,

I followed Angry's guide to create raid 0 with 2 hds and was wondering do I have to hit f10 and clear/add/reinstall nv raid array everytime I reinstall windows?

Thank You

My first "guess" as to the problem: Don't install the IDE driver from the Nvidia driver package.

Set the bios like this for the ram:

In Genie Bios

auto

16 16

auto

disable

1.450v

1.300v

above VID 110%

1.30v

1.60v

2.60V

DRAM Config

enable

auto

enabled

auto

Level 5 or 7

Level 2

8 ns

Normal

6 ns

disable

disable

See if that helps :)

are you using the Marvell Yukon lan nic? If you are there is a good chance that is the problem. If you dont have the right drivers for that thing it will cause your computer to freeze up in online games at any time requiring a hard reset!! Very anoying, Ive heard the drivers that come with SP2 are particularly bad....Do some research, google marvell yukon and lockups, theres tons of threads about it.

Thank you Ryder for the quick response =)

I will try to install windows w/o nvidia IDE, usb, and firewall installed.

Also, I would like to apoligize if not installing these additional options will correct my problem... mainly because there was some threads a couple pages back regarding nvidia platform ide issues. I should have done a more further search for an answer before I posted. Sorry

Thanks Again DFI peepz.

Edit: I will look into that also Kodiak, thanks =)

Tried another reinstall of windowsXP/sp2, but this time when I loaded the nvidia 6.66 driver I only included the audio option.

Result:

Windows crashes and cant get back in while I was browsing the internet. =(

"Error loading operating system"

I also did get BBS boot order change.

I always clear cmos when reinstalling and load programs that are only necesary to run windows.

What to try next?

1.) Should I just skip the nvidia 6.66 chipset and stick to the cd that came with mobo?

2.) Could it still be my version of windows xp splitstreamed?

3.) I read somewhere that it "might" be that the sata cables that came with the dfi mobo could be faulty.

4.) Am I not enabling/disabling any settings that I should for a raid 0 setup?

Thanks again

And you setup the ram like I suggested?

Clear the CMOS on the board...make sure the ram is in the orange slots.....power up the board...go into the Genie Bios page and enable Memtest86+ only..nothing else...now save and exit and the board should boot to memtest....let it run for 2 passes.

Let me know the results.

Thanks

Just finished memtest with the settings: 2 passes 0 errors in 46 mins

Good thing is I got windows back up and running after clearing cmos, but weird thing is I sometimes (rarely) get error in boot array.

Error:

0 Error Nvidia Stripe 149.9GB

Normal:

0 Healthy Nvidia Stripe 149.9GB

Maybe just happens in the process of loading opt settings... hope this isnt a factor.