USB problems

Did you install the usb 2.0 drivers on the cd that came with the board? Using XP you shouldnt. If you did install them you could go to device manager, delete everything thats under "USB controllers" and reboot. Windows should reinstall the drivers it needs. Worked for me.

I have a problem exactly like this. However, my board is an LP UT nF4 Ultra-D. I also never installed any usb 2.0 drivers from the cd b/c the cd didn't have anything to download under the "USB" button on that main menu. I also have in my Device Manager "Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller" under "Other Devices" and there is a question mark and exclamation point beside it. I should also iterate that I have SP2. Any ideas? Thanks.

Anybody have an answer on this issue? I would greatly appreciate it and I'm sure dos.slayer would, too. I've tried several different USB peripherals...none seem to be recognized which confirms what's in the Device Manager. It is evident that the USB controller is not being detected [properly]. Does anyone recommend installing the USB driver that the previous post mentioned? Second, where can I get such a driver? Neither XP Pro has the drivers nor does the cd that came w/ my Ultra-D. Any suggestions?

I recently had to reinstall WinXP SP2, as I got a BSO errorD. Windows XP now shows the USB hub in my MS Natural Keyboard as connected. I think I had a software install or driver install error as my problem seems to have been resolved.

In regards to DB777's problem, have you tried to right click the device in the device manager with the problem and selected update driver? Just a question and is by no means a fix.

dos.slayer - Well...now I am perplexed (but happy). I tried what you stated in my post and it worked this time. I'm perplexed b/c I had tried this earlier and it did not work :confused: . I am thankful though, and I thank you as well. However, this same problem exists for "Ethernet Controller" under "Other Devices" in the Device Manager window. Everytime I start my computer I get an error in the system tray stating that it's attempting to install new hardware. Upon searching for drivers, it fails and states that it cannot find the necessary software. That's weird.