Broken component - can someone help?

Hey guys...first post here but frequent lurker.

I have a problem that I'm hoping a member or possibly someone from DFI can help me with.

I purchased an Infinity from a member and during transit the aftermarket heatsink fan attached to the southbridge came off. At some point while it rattled around inside the anti-static bag it knocked off a component situated near the southbridge. I have been told that it is a crystal oscillator but this is unconfirmed.

I am trying to find out what the part does, whether or not its critical (I have not attempted to fire up the board yet until I know more about the part) and whether I can attempt to connect it with wires as the 2 legs broke off cleanly, or if not usable in this manner, how can I obtain a new one.

I have provided a picture from a working motherboard that shows the part in question. Across the top of the component is written "12.0F4C".

Thanks in advance for any help that you can throw my way.

yo reefa, i read your post at XS and yes it is a crystal oscillator. if you want someone to solder it who has experiance i can do it for ya im local here in jax. btw its a 12mhz one too. mouser has several on there site. and i might have one on another board around here somewhere. jlmk btw you military?

You're a local guy...talk about a small world...and no, I'm not military. If I was military, I would be RETIRED military...little bit of gray on my head. OK, lots of gray.

Where are you located? How about sending me a PM when you get a chance and let me know how I can get a hold of you.

I have to admit...it got my attention. It has been shipped via FedEx and I should receive it on Monday.

Actually, he offered to have it repaired for me, but I opted for doing it myself instead of shipping the board across the country and back.

Way awesome customer service is all that I can say!