Problem Upgrade

Hi,

I'm having a couple of other problems with my upgrade, I'm upgrading to a EPox 8RDA+ M/B, Barton 2500 and a 9600Pro everything seems to be okay except my hard drive is listed as 'Generic IDE Disk type 47' under device manager instead of 'Quantum Fireball' which I'm guessing is Ultra DMA. If I enable the DMA mode in the bios, windows wont load cause I dont have a driver in windows for it (I think) On my old Asus A7V 133 M/B I just loaded the 'Promise Ultra 100' driver and that seemed to work okay, any ideas to what I have to do ???

I have

Primary IDE Controller (single fifo)

Secondary IDE Controller (single fifo)

Standard Dual PCI IDE controller

listed in the 'Hard disk controllers'

Another thing is that when I shut down the system my Mouse and keyboard stay on, thats not happened before. I've messed about with all the Power Management options and cant get them to turn off without unplugging the power lead.

Any help would be great

Hey:

I'm not sure on this but i think the 47 code is for a custom size that isn't in the bios, should be no big deal it use it. If it lets you chose drives then 47 should be followed by a customisable setting, if so the 47 is your drive, it just diddent have it in the bios..

LD

Hi,

Well everything seems to be working fine, but I thought I must be losing some performance if the Ultra DMA driver isn't found. I'm not sure how much of a performance hit I'm taking.