"highly Optimized Code"

Propane

so far with the 3 different wus i've checked, you'll want to have SSE running as your assembly optimization (as opposed to 3DNow) if you are using an AMD XP processor (recently i've been getting the same wu over and over again on both PCs so am having a hard time comparing any other results. just recently i broke out of the repeated wus!)

you'll want to add -forceasm to the end of your command line (if you made FAH a service then add -forceasm in there) (if you don't have a service running then make a shortcut to your FAHConsole and in the target line add -forceasm to the end of it. it should look something like this):

Target: D:\FAH\FAH3Console.exe -forceasm

apply changes. close and then double click your shortcut (this is what you do if you are using the commmand-line interface. there are more details on the different interfaces in this forum (also info on setting up a service).

sometimes it switches optimizations when beginning another wu. not sure why sometimes it stays and other times it doesn't. to get it back to SSE you just have to stop it and re-run it with -forceasm and it should be back to SSE.

p.s: oh yeah, forgot your other question :smack: , it reduces the amount of time to complete a wu. with the P4s and the AMD XPs, any assembly optimization will work much better than no optimization at all. and it seems like the XPs are more efficient when using SSE as its assembly optimization.

P.s.s: ok, this is the 4th time in a row that my 2400+ system has been assigned the 547 wu :O . wow, this is a first (i've had a few twice in a row before but never 4 times, one right after the other. my 1700+ was doing doubles but has gotten out of the loop luckily. just thought that this was pretty odd/cool. it would be a little scary if i somehow got the p547_BBA5_ext again for the 5th time in a row :blink:

P.S.S.S!: omgosh! i've gotten 7 of these 547_BBA5_ext wus in a row on this comp! i'm seriously starting to wonder if this is because i stop folding if i see 3DNow is being used and restart it to use SSE optimizations. i'm not sure if it cares if i change optimizations at some point after the wu has started. this is just ridiculous. and my 1700+ has started the same pattern. i'm not sure whether to layoff on forcing the SSE optimization though. if i stop using it and it gives me a different work unit afterwards, i'll probably think that its because i stopped changing optimizations particially through a wu. but if i keep going and it changes wus anyway, then i'll know changing optimizations didn't matter. i really hope it changes wus soon. i'm going to turn off my comp and work changing cooling now. lata

p.s.s.s.s: decided to let it finish this wu with SSE and it finally gave me a different wu!!! hurray!! :D:P . waiting finally paid off. :D now time to shut this comp down.

Edited by Trakfast11

P.S.S.S!: omgosh! i've gotten 7 of these 547_BBA5_ext wus in a row on this comp! i'm seriously starting to wonder if this is because i stop folding if i see 3DNow is being used and restart it to use SSE optimizations. i'm not sure if it cares if i change optimizations at some point after the wu has started. this is just ridiculous. and my 1700+ has started the same pattern. i'm not sure whether to layoff on forcing the SSE optimization though. if i stop using it and it gives me a different work unit afterwards, i'll probably think that its because i stopped changing optimizations particially through a wu. but if i keep going and it changes wus anyway, then i'll know changing optimizations didn't matter. i really hope it changes wus soon. i'm going to turn off my comp and work changing cooling now. lata

p.s.s.s.s: decided to let it finish this wu with SSE and it finally gave me a different wu!!! hurray!! :D:P . waiting finally paid off. :D now time to shut this comp down.

...waht u do is wait to u get one of the ones with 100 credits or whatever instead of 250 or 500 then force it....u will be getting about 5 wu's done a day lol.