Utterly screwed up Driver problem.

WOW I am currently having this exact same problem. I would like to know the answer to the above question also. A few other questions I have are the following: How do I make the exe download to a specified letter(instead of C)? How do I format my other hard drive that I didn't install windows on so that i can put files on that hard drive?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

r3m3dy and Rexarra,

STOP what you are doing and start from scratch again.

Do Not install card readers and other stuff that's not required during the OS setup.

I even go as far as to turn off the onboard items like sound and network during the initial OS install to make sure I get a clean load.

You will be doing yourself a huge favor by taking what you've learned and start over.

i tried booting from my cd but it won't boot. only thing i can do is get the windows xp screen to appear if i open it in windows and then the only option i can do that would resemble starting from scratch would be reinstalling windows. is there anyway i can wipe everything clean?

i tried booting from my cd but it won't boot. only thing i can do is get the windows xp screen to appear if i open it in windows and then the only option i can do that would resemble starting from scratch would be reinstalling windows. is there anyway i can wipe everything clean?

When your XP cd install gets to the 'select which partition' part, just delete the existing one (where you installed XP), and reinstall a new partition on that drive. If you reinstall on the same drive, you'll end up with a C:windows and a C:windows.0 or something like that.

i get to the part where it says click d to delete a partition and then it tells me i cannot delet it because it contains files that are necessary to complete the installation. is there any way i can just wipe everything clean?

You can find a utility that will write zero's to the drive to wipe the data.

i get to the part where it says click d to delete a partition and then it tells me i cannot delet it because it contains files that are necessary to complete the installation. is there any way i can just wipe everything clean?