NF4 ultra-D> parallel hard drive problems

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it turns out to be a bad (mechanical) Harddrive, not just corrupted data. Then try putting it in a plasic baggie and place it in the freezer. After a few hours take it out of freezer, connect it to your PC, and boot. See if you can access your data.

wow freeze a hdd cool but ya i have 3 extra hard drive 2 80gig and a 160gig they all dont work they spin up they can be seen by disk managment but i cant access them. after i disconnected all my hdd and tried to hook it up to my new comp it didnt work. so then i was like well ill just zip some really really important stuff and unload it on my hdd with the os on it. but when i took all my hdd out my new comp and stuck them back in the previous one it didnt work either it did the same thing i couldnt access it but it show up on disk managment so i got double F anyways please help thanks adam

Old disk formatted NTFS or FAT32??

You need to answer this question? NTFS or FAT32 ?

In addition to that:

Try assigning a new drive letter to the problem hard drive : Start > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management. Right click the drive then click Change Drive Letter and Paths. Choose a drive letter that is not already in use, click OK then OK again.