Wont work in dual mode

Everytime I turn my comp on the power led keeps flashing, my moniter keeps saying no input signal and four red led's on the mobo are lit At first i thought it was my vid card but when i installed it on another comp it worked fine. Tested the ram on the other comp and one of the sticks is broken too. so i bought a new pair of Corsair TwinX PC3200PT. When i installed it (in slot 2 and 4), it finally booted up, but kept crashing when windows began to load up.. So i took out one stick (from slot 4) and everything worked fine. It appears that my comp refuses to work in dual channel mode.

Is it possible that the broken OCZ ram damaged the mobo?

any advice??

so i bought a new pair of Corsair TwinX PC3200PT. When i installed it (in slot 2 and 4), it finally booted up, but kept crashing when windows began to load up.. So i took out one stick (from slot 4) and everything worked fine. It appears that my comp refuses to work in dual channel mode.

Is it possible that the broken OCZ ram damaged the mobo?

any advice??

We definitely need your bios date. also, please post your voltages and timings/multipliers. do you have everything set to auto? are you trying to o/c anything right away?

windows messing up on boot could be a lot of things, but youre right its likely the ram.

edit: no, IMHO a faulty DIMM module would not hurt the motherboard. Its not like the RAM is sending current to the mobo or anything, so no worries about that. Get the RAM sorted out and all will be fine.