Temp & Cooling question

I'm running my computer at stock speeds right now. Cpu temp at 30C, but chipset temp at 48C. These are the stable for typical computer apps, I haven't done any stress tests or anything yet.

Just wondering if 48C is a little high for stock temps. Also, PVM?/PWV? area temp(something like that) is at around 48C as well.

I have one 120mm front fan and a heatsink fan(excluding gpu/chipset/psu fans)

Should I get another 120mm fan for the rear and and a 120mm to blow on my memory when I overclock it? I Plan on giving my ram 3.2V of juice.

Guest Paradox

Mine chipset and PVm have never ever gone over 35°C, but as long as you stay below 50°C you are alright, if load temps go over 50 on the PVM then I can highly suggest you place some more coolers. I wouldn't be happy with those kinda temps thats for sure.

Do you have the NB/NF4 chipset set to come full speed at 26C in the bios ?

The temps aren't to bad at all for Idle. Is the side fo the case closed and what model is it ?

60 is the start to think about it soon temp and >65 and I would *(personally) fix it somehow.

Most can get away with a 80mm fan pushing air at the nf4 chipset and is probably the best place to start.

Still, 48 is ok and at 7k rpm my stock nf4 HS/fan is running at 40c but it not inside a case yet. :) Oh and I cheated and redid the thermal compound on it also. But again, do lots of homework and the current temp looks fine.

I'm running my computer at stock speeds right now. Cpu temp at 30C, but chipset temp at 48C. These are the stable for typical computer apps, I haven't done any stress tests or anything yet.

Just wondering if 48C is a little high for stock temps. Also, PVM?/PWV? area temp(something like that) is at around 48C as well.

I have one 120mm front fan and a heatsink fan(excluding gpu/chipset/psu fans)

Should I get another 120mm fan for the rear and and a 120mm to blow on my memory when I overclock it? I Plan on giving my ram 3.2V of juice.

yes to all the fans.more airflow=lower temps=better o/c :cool:

Hear, hear. Cant beat the panaflos for quietness and airflow (cue a stack of peeps who are gonna prove me wrong! ;)

Actually.... Yate Loons and Nexus fans are the new hype. Panaflos are a thing of the past. If you check out Silent PC Review, you will see. Panaflos are still good no doubt, and that's why I got one for my XP-120. For case fan though? Yate Loon. I like how the Yate Loon runs w/ scaled voltage. Panaflo isn't exactly super quiet even when you undervolt.

Case is Cooler Master Centurion 530 and these temps are inside the case with the side on + mess o wires fouling things up. I guess I will get a couple more fans and possibly clean up the inside of my case a bit.

How big of an effect does putting some high qual thermal compound on the chipset fan have?(typically)

thanks for the responses

Case is Cooler Master Centurion 530 and these temps are inside the case with the side on + mess o wires fouling things up. I guess I will get a couple more fans and possibly clean up the inside of my case a bit.

Not bad, now yank the door and plug a spare fan in and blast the chipset and see if your temps change much or at all. Zip tie your wires to be less restrictive on the airflow. Sensors arent perfect either so its +1 or so either way really.

How big of an effect does putting some high qual thermal compound on the chipset fan have?(typically)

3 to 5 degrees c is probably the average that I have seen. *(that is still a lot of farenheight.) See "nf4 chipset" threads in modifications forum for Ideas / averages etc.

I looked for the case and saw two cases. One of them had the HD cage sideways and a solid door and one had an all forward setup with a plexiglass door. I would cut a hole in the metal / plexi at the nf4 chipset area and either Push or pull (experiment and see which is best ) with a 90 or 120mm fan and that alone will probably do it. *(and replacement doors are probably cheap & dont crack the plexi study up on it if thats the model. )

One of my favorite casebuilding tricks is to add a slot fan and they are $4.00 to $12.00 and it occupies one Case Slot and provides exhaust of the ambient heat before it can build up and make it all run hotter.