random freezing ultra-d

tried oc-ing last week

cpu maxed out at 2.7 and my memory i think i went about it wrong but it maxed at 230

now im running at stock speed and i keep getting random freezing

any ideas?

my music will skip for like 1/4 of a second sometimes and i had a problem where the computer would slow down alot when i changed tracks on wmp sometimes

So Toronto guy, what speed you are running now? Please state clear like what MHz you are not running, multiplier, timings also. The more information you provide, the more people can help you out.

The Premier max out at most 230 you are right. I think the first thing is lower your multiplier by 1 or 2 just to make the system stable a bit. You probably set too high. Did you touch the divider? I think you just pump up to max like 10x230=2300MHz right? You are lucky you can still boot into windows. Or try switch back to optimum setting first. Then play around with your music or movie to check if still acting strange? OK!

im at 200x10 right now

timings are all on auto (2.5-3-3-7)

same with voltages

ldt 4x

i was running for a bit at 254x10 with 9/10 divider

it ran superpi ok but i got an error in prime after a few hours

so i downclocked and downclocked until i was back where i started

i wasnt getting this before

i damaged something?

i was running for a bit at 254x10 with 9/10 divider

Don't be nervous. If hardware got damage u cannot using that to do this reply. I think you just got this system not long ago. Do you have any extra ram sitting around? try to swap & test again to see. U know 254x10 is quite high with your ram. You probably just stress the components too much in a short period. Did you try to unplug the power cord & let it rest for awhile like 1/2 hours? Sometimes when I stress too much I need to do this, I don't know why, but usually it works. You know how to clear the CMOS? Try clear the CMOS & start all over again. You should be OK then. How about your temp? Any strange thing?

ok i will try clearing cmos

right now it is okay but sometimes it happens in 15 mins sometimes after a few hours so i will see

shouldnt have anything to do with temp my cpu is always under 50.. idle 28~

i have 3 case fans and my cooler blows upward over my memory into my psu (tt beetle)

thx alot

btw what is ur recommendation because i want to try o/c again

better memory?