nf3 ultra-d help =-<

Guest dangerousfigure_merged

Guest dangerousfigure

ok i have been reading the forum for a few days , trying to figure out how to get this board running stable,

first off here are my specs

amd fx-55 clawhammer xp-90c w/pf fan

2x 512 sticks corsair xms llpt

ati x800xt pe

sb audigy2 zs

and of course dfi lp nf3 ultra-d

here is my current set up in the bios in the pics below

now i had read that most users had to set the ram to a 2t timing funny thing is that my board freezes with 2t timing unless i leave the voltage set to 2.6 , i moved the setup from an msi neo2 plat to a shuttle sn95 to this dfi board in both other set up i had the ram set to 2.7 2-3-2-6 ...2t in the msi and 1t in the shuttle,

for the life of me i cannot get this board to run stable, i jacked the cpu voltage to 1.55 ,default +%0.2 but no matter what i try when i load up games it freezes. when i have it set to 2-3-2-6-1t 2.6v cpu @1.55 it runs prime95 and super pi and memtest 86 flawless but load up a game and i get bsod , when i run the current config it fails p95 passes 10hours of memtest but plays games...so one tell me whats going on i really need help i feel like a noob with the a64 boards, i miss my dfi lp 875p and p4 3.0 help me

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i have been reading the forum for a few days , trying to figure out how to get this board running stable,

first off here are my specs

amd fx-55 clawhammer xp-90c w/pf fan

2x 512 sticks corsair xms llpt

ati x800xt pe

sb audigy2 zs

and of course dfi lp nf3 ultra-d

here is my current set up in the bios in the pics below

now i had read that most users had to set the ram to a 2t timing funny thing is that my board freezes with 2t timing unless i leave the voltage set to 2.6 , i moved the setup from an msi neo2 plat to a shuttle sn95 to this dfi board in both other set up i had the ram set to 2.7 2-3-2-6 ...2t in the msi and 1t in the shuttle,

for the life of me i cannot get this board to run stable, i jacked the cpu voltage to 1.55 ,default +%0.2 but no matter what i try when i load up games it freezes. when i have it set to 2-3-2-6-1t 2.6v cpu @1.55 it runs prime95 and super pi and memtest 86 flawless but load up a game and i get bsod , when i run the current config it fails p95 passes 10hours of memtest but plays games...so one tell me whats going on i really need help i feel like a noob with the a64 boards, i miss my dfi lp 875p and p4 3.0 help me

Set LDT to X3

Guest dangerousfigure

....ok will try that but can you tell me what that does, i read the help in the tweaks section and was still foggy does that mean i am running a 2000 fsb? so is 1200 the stock fsb ,? did i fry something lol help me out since i heard your the masta

....ok will try that but can you tell me what that does, i read the help in the tweaks section and was still foggy does that mean i am running a 2000 fsb? so is 1200 the stock fsb ,? did i fry something lol help me out since i heard your the masta

No, nothing will fry :D I don't have the technical savvy/lingo to explain LDT.

There is a write up around here that may enlighten you. The board is just twitchy operating up around 2000 (which is it's rated max). Dropping your LDT to X3 will still leave you more than enough bandwidth to operate optimally. When and if you start overclocking it is quite simply easiest to leave ldt at X3. Unless you can go beyond 333mhz you will always be inside the 2k bandwidth limit (333 x 3 = 999 x 2 = 1998mhz).

Put a signature together with your components if you plan to hang around and learn. It's located in the user control panel. Else wise you will be banished for life :D

Guest dangerousfigure

lol well i dont plan on ocing just running stable,hell my cpu is running @ 60-61c just folding so i dont think i have mych room to of heat wise and i'm using a xp-90c cooler

added sig

Guest dangerousfigure

ya this board hates me i did what dfi tech support said started with everything default but ram set to 2.8, still freezes ,so i set the cpu to 1.525+%0.1 runs prime 95 for 8hours and passes memtest but still random reboots, tried 1.550 +default same thing , working on 1.550+%0.1, wont run stable with htt set to 3x,4x, or 5x, i'm not doing any over clocking like i said befor i want a stable system my temps are insane going around 60c -62c ,

right now i am testing the system with the current settings, if they dont work i aam going to bang my head on a wall.

cpu - 1.550+%.1

ram- 2.8v 2-3-2-6-2t

htt x5

::edit:: i should also say that i read the tweak guide and my voltages for the cpu look nothing like what is listed in the bios

in the bios 1.550 is volting @ 1.46 as 1.550+%0.1 is showing 1.52 so if someone could tell me what i am doing wrong please

Guest dangerousfigure

why are my voltages reading different in the bios from what is shown in the tweak guide? do i have one of the board swith the bad vrm?

why are my voltages reading different in the bios from what is shown in the tweak guide? do i have one of the board swith the bad vrm?

The tweak guide voltages are "actual" measurements. None of the software monitors nor the bios show correctly. You are doing nothing "wrong" :D

Look at your memory and get the exact number. Go to the Corsair website and look them up. Some of the XMS modules say they are rated at cas 2 but that is for intel systems. For AMD systems they are rated at cas 2.5. Doesn't mean they won't do cas 2 when they are set up just right but that may be one of your problems right now. Fairly common knowledge that DFI mobos don't get along with Corsair for whatever reason...

Try setting the memory exactly as it is rated. I'd load up A64 tweaker and do a screeny of 200mhz settings. Go into bios and set all of them manually. Set DQ reduction 50% and also try weak drive strength. 2.8v should be a good starting point.

And get rid of that X5 LDT...X4 at the very most. Set AGP to 67 or 68. Set hammer fid manually to whatever you stock multi is. Set chip set to 1.75v. 1.55v should also be good if your processor is rated at 1.5v and you are not overclocking.

Guest dangerousfigure

ok i did everything but set the hammer fid and chipset voltage, first i want to make sure my raptors are going to die, i heard the sata 1 and 2 and unlocked but i use 4 hard drives so ...., what is my multi? 13 is what cpuz stats just want to make sure, also if i set it to 4x i will be only running a 1600 fsb? isnt this chip rated a 2k? so so confused

ok i did everything but set the hammer fid and chipset voltage, first i want to make sure my raptors are going to die, i heard the sata 1 and 2 and unlocked but i use 4 hard drives so ...., what is my multi? 13 is what cpuz stats just want to make sure, also if i set it to 4x i will be only running a 1600 fsb? isnt this chip rated a 2k? so so confused

Do not worry about the LDT working frequency. Even at 3X you will never ever utilize all of the available bandwidth...you will see no performance difference by lowering it. Keeping it up near 2k will just create possible stability issues.

13 is your multi...