5770 stuck at UVD clock

freddwzz

Hi , i recently just purchased a 5770 Vapor-X and it's running fine but when i open a youtube video and play game at the same time the clock get stuck @ 400/900 . The UVD clock is overriding the 3d clock , i have to close the youtube video to fix it . So any of you guys encountering the same issue ? is there any fix yet ? I did some googling and others have the same issue but i can't find a fix .

Thanks

Hi , i recently just purchased a 5770 Vapor-X and it's running fine but when i open a youtube video and play game at the same time the clock get stuck @ 400/900 . The UVD clock is overriding the 3d clock , i have to close the youtube video to fix it . So any of you guys encountering the same issue ? is there any fix yet ? I did some googling and others have the same issue but i can't find a fix .

Thanks

Do you have 2 monitors? Try opening the game first, then the video, or else use afterburner to set a profile to run full speed.

right click a youtube video and turn off hardware acceleration

Which kinda defeats the purpose of hardware acceleration doesn't it?

Do you have 2 monitors? Try opening the game first, then the video, or else use afterburner to set a profile to run full speed.

Yep i've tried that , i opened Mafia 2 1st and the clock shows 925/1300 but when i open a youtube video it turns down to 400/900 overriding the 3d clock :/ just 1 monitor

Edited by freddwzz

When you're watching the video do you have the game going in the background? It might just be automatically downclocking it when it isn't under a full load.

This is only a problem if the you're running the game in a window and watching the video at the same time you're playing the game. Otherwise it's just a power-saving feature.

When you're watching the video do you have the game going in the background? It might just be automatically downclocking it when it isn't under a full load.

This is only a problem if the you're running the game in a window and watching the video at the same time you're playing the game. Otherwise it's just a power-saving feature.

It does it even with my game @ fullscreen and youtube music at background , the uvd is overriding the 3d clock .

W/O youtube Mafia 2 gets 59fps with vsync

W/ youtube Mafia 2 gets only 30fps